Mountain Buggy Duet advice please

clivekitty

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a MB Duet for my 22month old and 4 month old as the Phil and Teds doesnt seem to be working out for us. There are a few selling on ebay and gumtree, and they all seem to be roughly 3 months old. Is there a reason for this that Im oblivious to, I dont want to end up with another buggy that doesnt work so any advice would be grateful! thanks in advance.

Hi - as you know we have just (hopefully) sold ours. I'm not aware of any major issues with the model of buggy (and I'm such a buggy saddo I'm a member of a double buggy forum!) - I wonder whether it's because people buy them for siblings having found a tandem doesn't work so well (we did!) and then sell on once the older child is walking more?

Generally I think the strengths and weaknesses of the buggy are fairly well documented. It is without a doubt the slimmest side by side there is. You can easily get on a bus with it and I've regularly negotiated all of the shops along lordship lane with it. It was the only side by side that fitted in our small terraced house hallway. The seat units are still big enough for toddler - I have a pic of my now 3.5 yr old in it, and it still pushes like a dream and goes up kerbs with ease. The not so good things are that it is heavy to lift when folded and the fold is pretty big - check your car boot! Also the seats are so close together that as mine got older there was quite a lot of kicking and footsie games going on!

It's a great urban buggy I think and it worked well for us for a 26m and 4m old up until nearly 3 and 12m old. Then I realised I was mostly pushing around a double buggy with one child in it, and hey presto the Phil and teds started working well for 2 toddlers! I think it just has a fairly short lifespan for siblings, obv less so for twins.