I just "did" Gambados for the first time...

Otta

crystal7 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yep. Pure hell. My daughter's favourite place in

> the world though so we go now and then. Okish just

> after it opens on Sat am. Went once is school hols

> and it was awful. Was also 8 months pregnant and

> kept wondering if I'd be the first person to give

> birth there...

hahahahhahahahaha!

I love Gambados - but have to remember not to wear a skirt each time I go and to put the girls in leggings (they go faster down the slides) :)

It's like a workout with a bit of *ahem* legitimate fun clambering after our munsters.

I do agree that it's a bit much at busy times and def wouldn't try it with a hangover - but is the best around here I think.

Kew Gardens also has a fun inside space if you want it slightly less frenetic (approx 40 mins drive).

It's the food at Gambados that I found really grim, and that parents stick their stuff on all the available chairs- whether they are eating or not, so you have to clamber over everything to try and find an 'unused' seat, while trying to get kids to sit at a table, and carry the food... grrrr.

Midivydale there is an under threes area but I personally wouldn't bother until baby I is s bit older. It's so huge and noisy baby E was overwhelmed in spite of enjoying lots of rough Iplay from little E and being confident crawler/cruiser. He didn't enjoy it much. Plus the coffee is horrid and service at the cafe is awful. Try Peckham Pulse, smaller, closer and cheaper!

citizenED Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Otto, change the title of the thread to "I just

> "did" Gambardos with a hangover...." and I'd

> understand why it was such hell. Without the

> hangover, it's only hell in the shellsuit sense.

> For kids, without the sociological snobbery, it's

> heaven.

Don't get me wrong, for the kids it's amazing, but even hangover free I think I'd still find it hellish, it's just the noise.

We did Gambado's a few wks back - because it was so hot the place was really empty (according to staff).

Mr Buggie & I alternated 1/2hr shifts with Bugglet while the other sat, read the papers & chilled - was first time since having her that I was able to read all the papers in 1 day :)

Kid's lunchboxes were good, but the adult food was rubbish (tolerable because Bugglet was so entertained!).

Obviously I'm bonkers, cos I rather enjoy Gambado!

No.1 is almost too old to want to play with me, would rather gambol about with friends. Twosling still likes me around, huzzah.

Any form of child care with a hangover = impossible torture. Never again.