Good local ballet class - goose green centre

Tara

Just wanted to recommend Miss Danni's ballet classes which run on Tuesday afternoons in the goose green centre (see what's on section for details etc. - i think the classes are called Get Dan 'n' dance). She has a nursey class at 2.20 and another one at 4 (I think) for slightly older ones - and I think there are some spaces in both classes. She offers a free trial on your first class and then a discounted rate for three more 'trial' weeks which was great for me as my daughter tends to be really enthusiastic about these things the first time she goes and then her enthusiasm rapidly declines. So far so good though, and Miss Dani is really good with them. The lessons are only about 30 mins long and parents are allowed to stay for the classes.

My boys have been doing street dance with miss Danni for about a year now and decided to have a go at the ballet at 4pm Tues. After a free trial they've both decided to go on for the three week trial. Really pleased they're having the chance to expand their interest in dance..Anyone out there with boys who might be interested they'll have some male company! (And can always beef it up with some streetdance at 5pm afterwards!)

My daughter (who is 2.5 years old) has also started this class at 2.20 and she loves it. I agree with Tara that Miss Dani is a really good teacher and knows exactly how to engage my toddler and make her have laugh and have fun - at the same time as challenging her to learn new things and concentrate (as much as she can for her age!). It's only a small class at the moment but I can't recommend it highly enough, we only had our second class yesterday and are already looking forward to next week.

• 2 weeks later...