New to area - groups for 2 yr old (and company for me!)?

AZH

I've just moved to the area (between Goose Green & Bellenden Road) with my husband and our daughter (just turned 2) from north London. We don't know anyone in the area so it would be great to meet mums with kids of a similar age. I work part time but not Thursdays and Fridays and shall probably go a bit dotty some days without a mum or two to meet up with now and then!

Can anyone recommend any good groups on these days I could take her to? Any ideas for classes or playgroups that are friendly and easy going would be welcome. If anyone is in a similar boat, would be happy to arrange a playground/cafe trip.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Anna

Tippee Toes do 2 singing groups on Thursdays, really lovely class. Not a group, but there's parent and toddler/baby swimming at the Peckham Pulse on Thursday and Friday afternoons which is great - the hydrotherapy pool is like swimming in your bath. Here's the timetable http://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/cms_uploads/file/London_Borough_of_Southwark/2012/F_SOU_01924%20season%203%20web%20pool%20timetable%203%20WR.pdf

Hi

Thanks for the recommendation birnehelene

Cheeky C's is on on Mondays Thursdays and Fridays from 9.30-12.00 and Wednesdays from 9.30-11.00.

Hope to see you there soon

Thanks

Annabelle

Details are below:

Cheeky C's Playgroup for 0-4 year olds

Cheeky C's, the fun, creative and exciting new playgroup, which is split into different C's!

The Cheeky C's:

Construction Corner: (garage, duplo, trains and train track, cars, mega blocks, wooden blocks, castle, popoids and huge building blocks perfect to build the tallest tower!)

Camping Corner: (pop up tents, tunnel, fire engine tent, castle tent, peppa pig tent, circus tent, and sea world tents!)

Creative Corner: (plasticine, shape cutters, rolling pins, stickers, paper, face masks, crayons, paints, pens, colouring pages, drawing pad where children can pick up a crayon and create masterpieces!)

Cosy Corner (full of lovely cushions, throws, dolls, prams, cots and the cutest soft toys!)

Crazy Corner (scuttle bugs, crazy coupe cars, rockers, rocking horse, and a friendly dinosaur ride on!)

Cooking Corner (wooden play kitchen, play food, shop table with tills, shopping trolley, basket and children's dinning table to have fabulous tea parties!)

Concert Corner (music instruments, drums, xylophones, shakers, trumpets, and tamborines to make sweet music!)

Costume Corner (exciting princess and fairy costumes, doctors costume and medical kit, magicians costume, Fire mans costume and hat!)

Curious Corner (for babies to explore toys in a new and exciting atmosphere, soft baby toys, soft animals, wooden toys, shape sorters, baby bouncers, play matts, baby walkers, and the old favourite the activity cube!)

Concentration Corner(full of beautiful picture books and exciting reading books and fun puzzles!)

Coffee Corner (for parents to sit and enjoy a quality cup of coffee (cappuccino/latte/mocha) and a scrumptious snack!)

There will be coffees, teas, juices, snacks and homemade cakes!

Prices:

?4.00 per child

?2.50 Per Sibling

?1.50 Baby under one

Baby under 3 months FREE

If you have any questions please contact me on:

[email protected]

www.club-tastic.co.uk

Hi AZH

I think there's a playgroup at the Goose Green Centre on Thursday mornings. I've not been but I've heard it's good - although this may be for very little ones. Tumbletots is great for 2 year olds.

We moved here a year ago - I remember well the feeling of starting over in a new area. It is a great area though and brilliant for families. I've got 2 year old twins and would be happy to meet for a coffee/walk round the park so the kids could play together and I could tell you what we've found locally that we like. Let me know if this is of interest.