JAM after school club?

Hello - I'm (unusually) thinking ahead and trying to work out childcare options once my youngest starts primary school. We're considering an after school/holiday nanny but I wondered if anybody has any experience of JAM? I'm worried that leaving the children in childcare until 6.30 every evening (when I could collect them) is a very long day for them but I thought I'd ask to see what experiences other people have of it? We're also thinking about an au pair.

Thanks very much!

My little boy has started reception this year and is going to JAM two days a week. He's enjoying himself so far. They seem to do quite a range of activities and they get a hot meal.

I really liked that there are kids from a wide variety of schools. My son also likes it because their are male 'teachers' there, whereas seemingly his whole school is staffed by women.

I probably wouldn't use it as an option if I needed 4 or 5 days a week because as you say it makes for a very long day.

They also run good value holiday 'clubs' but I have no experience of these

Thanks KatDew. Yup - I think I'd prefer for the children not to do that 5 days a week (even though it does sound v good). I do like that there are male "teachers" there.... DS's whole school is staffed by women. Not one man! I am bracing myself for an After School/Holiday Nanny search in about 9 months time!