Do you feature in photos or is it just your children you snap?

Fuschia

Blubbing. Probably with the emotion of seeing what mothering actually involves, which is never really explained. Carrying all that around in our heads, quite possibly doing a paid job too, running a house. No wonder we are often tired. But this should not be a whine, should be wake up call to enjoy snd stop worrying. Thanks for posting.

Haven't read the article as it sounds like a mum thing.

However, I used to be quite a keen photographer, going on walks with my camera and snapping things that caught my eye.

Yesterday I was looking through a friend's facebook photos of all the places she's been, and interesting shots. This led me to look at my own facebook photos, and sure enough it is 3.5 years worth of my kids, with the occasional guitar thrown in.

Thank you for this... Shared with a few friends with whom I regularly bemoan the state of my post baby figure (and they theirs). A nice reminder to not let things like that get in the way of making memories with your child.

And I too suffer with a husband who never takes pictures. It feels weird and a bit posey to always ask him to take pictures of me, but I'm going to do it a bit more now!

Aw I love this. It is so very true, and ironic that the moments we most need to capture for posterity (i.e. the early years which they will not remember), are the times when we feel we are looking the worst, and have so little time to spend on our appearance. Life is cruel!!

Hubby is the photographer in our household, so he is the one who rarely gets to feature in photos (and is well trained to only take photos of me when he knows I will be at least semi happy with the result - bless him, after 17 years he knows me well LOL). Having said that, some of the photos he has taken without me knowing are the most precious.

We do invest in a family photo session at least once every couple of years so that we have some shots of all of us together, plus it means we have a present for all the Grandparents come Christmas so it's a win-win situation!!! We actually had a session with the lovely Lorenzo only a couple of weeks ago and it was great fun. We are all excited to see the photos, hopefully later today!

There is one really interesting thing about this generation of children - many of them are growing up with memories which have been 're-implanted' as a result of watching video footage of their baby and toddlerhood. My youngest at almost 4 can already recount her own birth story from having seen the (very brief and not at all gory) DVD we have of it, and both girls love to sit with us and laugh over films of themselves from years gone by, and sometimes I'm amazed by how much I have forgotten too until we watch a film again. It helps that my hubby has professional editing skills, but even without that, I think both video and film are such lovely ways to share family history and memories.

So so true. In fact we only have one photo of us as a family of 5, and it was taken by my Dad, very badly, at the airport on the way back from NZ. I take all the photos, and looking at the 1000 odd photos on my phone there are around 12 that feature either me or Mr Pickle :(

Must try harder, and yes, must book Lorenzo too!