Formula brands

eco79

Maybe somebody knows more about this than me....

When our 6 months of breastfeeding ended, I switched to Aptamil formula. I can't tell you why I chose Aptamil. I didn't really think about it. But yesterday I noticed that Cow and Gate is ?1.50 cheaper.

It comes in an identical shaped box, is made at the same factory [according to the addresses on packages] and has identical ingredients.

Does anybody know why one is cheaper than the other?

Don't know why, I think its just the 'power' of marketing. They spend more on ads for Aptimil, so have to make it back in the price.

I discovered the same thing when my LO was younger. Switched to C&G as did several of my friends. No ill effects whatsoever (and a little bit more cash to spend on a coffee ;-) )

Monkey, I know what you mean about the C&G branding. IT's as if it is speaking to me, saying don't buy me.

I have, however, bought it. And my little fella didn't bat an eyelid, which is not how things went with an emergency carton of SMA.

Fuschia I love it! Facts. Thank you.

It would appear from table 3 on page 40 that Aptamil 1 and C&G 1 are nutritionally identical. That's ?6 a month in my pocket! I'm sure I can find an 'on offer' bottle of wine for that.

I knew the forum would deliver.

Just wanted to add my little girl had bad reaction to aptamil was always throwing up and so on! Changed to cow an gate and shes perfectly fine now :) i think the amount of powder you add in is different i think C&G use less amounts of powder for a feed then aptamil...