Dangerous dogs in Brockwell Park

I know this is more Herne Hill than ED but as this forum is more active I thought I'd post here.

I recently contacted Lambeth Council about dangerous dogs in Brockwell Park (by dangerous I mean "status" dogs and other fighting dogs, or large off-the-leash dogs with owners who clearly don't have them under control and don't care). I don't think dogs should be banned from the park but I'm sure I'm not the only parent who feels nervous about that kind of dog running around where small children are playing. I recently saw a little boy on his scooter being intimidated by a dog (that was bigger than the boy) in a fighting harness. The dog's owner had already wandered off and the poor kid was just crying and trying to shoo it away. I've also seen men training dogs for fights by hanging them from tree branches. I asked the police for information on dog crime in the area and their records showed that in the past year, four people have been attacked by dogs in the park.

Lambeth Council said they recognised there was a problem and would look into taking action. Of course, the financial cost would be an issue but it also depended on whether they thought there was much public support for tackling it. If you'd like something done about this, please PM me and I will tell you who to contact to show your support. Also, if you've witnessed or experienced any incidents like the one I described above please PM me or post it here, so we can compile more examples to convince the Council to deal with this problem before some poor toddler gets mauled.

Thanks