Spring babies club (due Mar, Apr, May 2013)

Hi there, I'm due beginning of May - about 2 months after my sons 2nd birthday (I also have an older daughter who will be nearly 4).

So that's at least 3 older brothers all around the same age!

Has anyone looked into NCT classes in the area for second/third time parents?

Ah, congrats all... so glad I'm not the only one - was starting to worry there!

And sounds like we're all in similar boats. I did look into the NCT refresher course but was so sick when the deadline for paying came that I just didn't follow up my booking, and haven't got round to it since.

Still can't believe how much worse I felt this time compared to last time. Hope you're all feeling well by now?

C.

Hi Everyone and congrats!

I'm also due my 2nd at the beginning of March. My son is nearly 3 and there has been a bit of chatter about the little one in my tummy. For those of you with little ones already have you mentioned the next arrival?

Don't think I'm going to do the NCT class, hoping that it will all come back to me!

Beginning to get excited, feeling the Buba kick, so it feels more real. So much I want to do though, a long list of curtain making, DIY and generally getting some sort of order around here!! X

Hello! Another one expecting number two. Due at the end of May so still very early days - scan isn't for another three weeks. Our son will be nearly 21 months when he/she arrives and hasn't been sleeping very well recently - feeling terrified at the thought of going back to newborn sleep patterns! Very excited though.

Haven't decided yet about an NCT type class as too early still and, after last time, I'm not sure how helpful it will be.... Like the idea of meeting other people in a similar situation though.

Hello! And congratulations to all you second time mums!

Are there any other first timers out there?! I'm expecting my first at the start of March, and despite a growing bump am struggling to get my head round the fact that we'll be a family of 3 come the spring.

xx

Hi all - I just put up a message requesting a nanny/ childminder starting in April to look after my 2 year old son - anyone with an older sibling who would be interested in a nanny share for the first few months with new baby? x

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all and congratulations on your pregnancies.

I am due in May with my second (my daughter will be almost 3). Very exciting although I have felt my share of nervousness too, especially around sleep and combining looking after a toddler and a newborn at the same time...

If anyone is interested in Active Birth classes I was trained by Janet Balaskas and Michel Odent and run workshops from my home in Camberwell every 6 weeks or so (including a section on Waterbirth). So far every mother I have taught has had a 100% natural, positive birth and only one mother has torn (it was tiny and didn't require a stitch). All home birth mums got the home birth they wanted and everyone else was very happy with their experience in hospital too. My next workshop is on December 16th and one of my home birth mum and dads are coming by for an hour to share their story and answer questions. The day costs ?35 per person and includes lunch, snacks, cake and beverages. Please PM me if you are interested.

Looking forward to meeting those of you who would like to meet up with our newborns in the spring!

Charly.

Hi everyone

I'm a (very excited!) first timer, due on 9th of May. Have booked myself in for NCT at Lammas Green in Upper Sydenham since the class days worked out best.

Have got lots of mummy friends in the area - one meets up with her Dulwich Forum Spring Mum's and the other 2 with the summer mum's from this year. So thought i'd check it out and see what's happening for 2013 babies.

I think they all met up at The Plough.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Ruth xx

Hello all!

I'm due with my second in May, and we will have a two year gap. I don't think we will be doing any nct refreshers or anything, although might get a bit nervous nearer the time and retract that! Activebirthcharley, watch this space!

Good luck to all of you and I'm sure we will all cross paths at some point in the next few months

X

Hello again,

Welcome and congratulations to everyone!

Speaking of Active Brith Charly, would anyone be interested in a weekday class? For various reasons, even though I've 'been through' the process before, I'd really like to go to a workshop Charly is putting together. I work full time and have a toddler, and am loath to lose another day of the week from her even if the cause is as good as this!

Let me know so I can see if its worth putting a big enough class together to make it worth Charlys time. I have spoken to her via pm and she is willing to do a weekday class subject to numbers.

Have a good day everyone!