Winter boots for a toddler (girl)

pilsbury

Any advice where to get them (local or online)? Tried mothercare.com but they only start at size 6 (she is a 4.5 but i want them to last all winter so i imagine i'd buy a size 5). Tried John Barrett, but they also only start at 6. A friend went to Clarks on Rye Lane and said they don't have anything in... any other suggestions? By winter boot I mean a weatherproof (or as near as possible) calf/knee boot that is hopefully snug and warm too...

I'm pretty sure Clarks do them in smaller sizes unless things have changed. I think they have different styles up to a size 6. My daughter definitely had some in a 5 a few years ago. Check online, perhaps J Barnett don't stock them. You can order online then collect at a local store, I've done this at the Lewisham branch. Also try the ED Warehouse, they stock various brands as do Buff I'm Dulwich Village.

mine has 4.5 as well and I got him Timberland boots (ankle high with laces) size 5. they are fab, waterproof (goretex), very very light and are made for trekking, so he can climb up the little hill without falling down as the sole grips the ground very well. i don't think you'll find anything close to them in Clarks in terms of quality and performance. i was so impressed that i got my 4 year old daughter a pair as well, they run around in jeans in winter anyway, so it didn't bother me that they look boyish. would certainly recommend, i got both for about 20 pounds vs 50 pounds full price, amazon always has some on sale, just look for sizes, some models come small some don't. they also do higher knee versions and more girly ones if this is what you're after.

• 3 weeks later...
I took my daughter to Gently elephant today to get some shoes and was very impressed with the range of shoes and boots on offer. The owners were very attentive and gave good advice. They don't just do shoes but have lots of gorgeous clothes, books and toys - recommended!