Toddler sleeping on the floor?!

SBot

Well after a week of ignoring our dear 2yr old who yelled at the gate on her door at bedtime, she now gets herself comfy with a blanket and curls up next to the gate and goes to sleep! Yelling time gone from 90 mins on night 1, down to 45 mins on night 2 then to 20mins then 10mins and tonight all of 2 minutes! I put her into bed after about an hour and half. Then later in the early hours, around 2am she wakes and yells and again goes back to sleep on the floor, night yelling gone from 3 hours, to 90 mins to just a half hour last night (at3.30am)!!! When we put in earplugs and go back to sleep!

My question is do I leave her on the floor all night?? She slept there happily from 3.30 am -6.30am when I got up to shower.

I don't want advice on putting her in bed as to ignoring as we DID try this and she got more and more worked up each time, yet with the yelling it's just a dull moan!

Thanks

X

Has she only been in her big bed a week? If so I'd say its just a phase and she will get over it pretty shortly. No 1 son used to do this. I can't remember quite how long it took him to realise that bed was comfier than the floor, but he did after a short while. It will pass, dont worry!

What about a home made sticker chart with reward on achieving a certain amount of stickers as incentive to go to bed nicely, stay in bed or whatever behaviour it is you'd like her to achieve. She gets a sticker in the morning depending on behaviour the night before

Meh, my five-year-old daughter still does this sometimes. She likes to curl up in the middle of the floor with lots of cushions and her duvet, and I find her still there in the morning. Don't ask me why - kids are weird. I just leave her to it!

Hi bumpy, tried stickers, tried offers of ice cream! She just says, "I sleep on the floor" in a really sheepish voice!

Redjam, yes we happy with her sleeping all night on the floor as opposed to yelling in the night!!! She seems to like it, and yes kids are weird!

Cheers all x

Nice idea daisymaisy but if she then sleeps on the floor I'll have to get rid of her bed, then she'd have to sleep on the floor!

Going to put her old cot mattress on the floor tonight with duvet etc! She woke at 4.30am asking to go back on the floor (I'd put her into bed at 9pm, once she'd been snoring since 7.30pm!) and she slept till 6.30 am!

Cheers x

Well, that sounds like a result to me, SBot. As for my daughter, I figure if she's happy, I'm happy. Lots of people around the world sleep on the floor or very hard surfaces so I'm sure the human body can cope. But it does look odd, I admit. (The other thing my daughter does is sleep bolt upright on an old armchair in her room, in a sort of 'nest' of cushions and blankets. Like I say, weird...)