Sudden night waking again at 8 mnths?

Ladies, need your help.

Baby ivydale who has been a pretty good sleeper since his reflux has been under control has started waking again at night after sleeping through for about 4mnths.

He goes to bed at 7 and now wakes at 1am and he seems hungry. I gulps down a full bottle and then another one at 5.30.

Why? I thought perhaps a growth spurt so have just been feeding him but am concerned that it is now becomming a habit.

I dont know what to do, any advice?

He eats plenty during the day 3 good meals of solids as well as bottles.

He is teething (first came through yday) but he seems hungry rather than in pain.

Shall i keep feeding him or am i creating a bad habit?

Thanks x

How long has he been waking in the night for? Growth spurts (in my LO) seemed to last about a week or so, then she would settle back down to normal eating/sleeping, so I wouldn't worry if it has only been a week or so; I'd keep offering milk in that case. For us (at nearly 2 years) she always wakes in the night (for a brief cry) when the tooth is actually cutting through the gum. If you're worried that you're creating a habit, offer less and less milk each time, or just go cold turkey and don't offer milk. You might have to prepare yourself for a few tears, but only do that if you're sure he's not waking through hunger or teeth/illness.

midivydale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ladies, need your help.

> Baby ivydale who has been a pretty good sleeper

> since his reflux has been under control has

> started waking again at night after sleeping

> through for about 4mnths.

> He goes to bed at 7 and now wakes at 1am and he

> seems hungry. I gulps down a full bottle and then

> another one at 5.30.

> Why? I thought perhaps a growth spurt so have just

> been feeding him but am concerned that it is now

> becomming a habit.

> I dont know what to do, any advice?

Um - first congratulate yourself and feel thankful that your baby's been in the minority already sleeping through lol, and Second - there are many theories for wakefulness at this stage. Try this page amongst many others:

http://www.babyzone.com/baby/sleep/waking-up-nightly-worry_66054

> He eats plenty during the day 3 good meals of

> solids as well as bottles.

> He is teething (first came through yday) but he

> seems hungry rather than in pain.

> Shall i keep feeding him or am i creating a bad

> habit?

> Thanks x

I've had the same problem and my baby is now 10 months old. Can't offer much advice but I feel your pain! Sometimes she wants cuddles, sometimes food. I hold out as much as possible before I give her a bottle, like you I don't want to create a bad habit. I think its cruel to deprive them of food but its also cruel to deprive us of our sleep! Apparently its very common and doesn't last long once they become more active. Good luck!