Sainsburys with a newborn

I used the metal tray things and I noticed they have far more trolleys with this attachment than they did when Miss Oi was tiny, which is good. I couldn't be bothered with getting her out of the car seat, into a sling, and back again, especially if she was asleep.

Ok will go prepared for either option. Now just need to decide which sling is best. I have a moby wrap, which I believe is similar to the Kari-me I borrowed from a friend first time round. I also have a babasling that someone has lent me, and I have my trusty ergo, but have never used the newborn insert before.

I'm thinking the moby wrap might be best for this trip....

Thanks for all the info - feel a bit more prepared now!

The only thing with having the car seat trolley is I found it hard to judge where the trolley ended, which annoyed me as I occasionally bumped something or somebody (sorry...)

I used to put the car seat in a normal trolley and stack the shopping around it.

Ha! Ok, I'd better post on the end of that thread then! We finally decided a few days ago.

Thanks for all the tips above - I was able to easily figure out which were the trolleys that take car seats, and what to do with them, and also knew to take extra care not to run into anyone / thing. There was a bit of a hairy moment with a sainsbury employee who was kneeling to stack a low shelf. No serious injuries though.

Thanks again, wise forum!