Captured on the Rye - recommended

Pickle

Just wanted to give this great new little shop/cafe a mention, as I visited for the first time today. They have a fab array of screen printed baby/kids wear which is really great - in that it's just a bit different. Some great long sleeved hooded t-shirts with brilliant prints on the front, all very fresh and modern, and competitively priced.

It's in the old Jacks premises on Pellatt Road, and they also do really good coffee and cake. Well worth a visit.

I went for a rare weekday coffee with the hubbie earlier this week and it's a really lovely space, run very much as a family business, great coffee (didn't sample the cake - this time;-) ). I much prefer it to Jacks, much more airy and mellow and a little more room to sit in the front.

I wish them all the best and hope to visit again soon (they also do a loyalty card thingy, buy 8 coffees get 2 free!)

Thanks so much for the recommendations!

We have a shopping event coming up on Thursday 15 Nov. I've attached a flyer about it. We have plenty to keep the little ones entertained while you are shopping or having tea/coffee and cake. There is storytelling at 10.30am and 11.30am and free cake with any hot drink purchase (while the cake lasts, so come early!).

All items in the shop will be 10% off and we will have a jar of delicious chutney available free with any purchase of a lampshade.

http://www.facebook.com/CapturedOnTheRye