Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
Daisylets Residential Property Management

www.leyf.org.uk/gumboots

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
messageRecommendations for Handyman needed
Posted by jobby1 27 November, 2012 22:56

I'm looking for a handyman to come and do some work in my flat.
It's all freshly decorated and there are a variety of walls (some stone some plaster etc) so I want someone who knows what they're doing, has the right tools and comes with recommendations.

The work I need doing may change slightly but is approximately:

Hanging of: 1 clock, 4 mirrors, 10 pictures, 3 racks,
Shave down a couple of doors
Possibly build some shelves in a cupboard (will discuss with whoever gets the job)

Ideally I'd like to work to be done either this Sat morning, Sunday, Mon afternoon or Tuesday.

messageRe: Recommendations for Handyman needed
Posted by Audrey 28 November, 2012 10:15

Jobby1 - have you had any pms?

I'm looking for some work to be done as well, including shelves.

Posted by camberlou 28 November, 2012 11:03

I can recommend Andyman, who did various jobs on Saturday. He put up a CD rack and a big picture, some shelves, filled various holes in the walls, hung a vegetable basket from the ceiling in the kitchen and resealed the bath. He was clear about what the options were and the results might be regarding the bath.
He posts on here as Spoiltdog. His number is 07564194363.

Posted by Asif 12 December, 2012 17:01

I'd like to recommend Andyman too. Andy and Richard had to hang 4 new glazed doors in my Victorian home. Challenge was obvious as all the openings were slightly different sizes. They did a great job hanging and painting the doors. They look fab. I got them to do a couple of extra pieces of work - floating shelf; new doors to what was an open shelf unit and replacing an extractor fan. At the end of each day Andy and Richard made sure the place was clean and tidy. They're coming back again to put up some bathroom cabinets and in the Spring to do some external work. Can't recommend them enough.

Andy's number is 07564194363.

Asif

Posted by emmaco 18 December, 2012 09:05

Hi,

I can also recommend Andy, I made contact with him last week after reading these posts. He came round to assess jobs then emailed me the prices that night and was here the next day completing the lists. Hes polite, clean and tidy.

Posted by Libbysarsfield 07 January, 2013 12:03

I would highly recommend Andyman....

Him and his work mate turned up the this morning and made light work of the jobs i gave him to a very high standard. More importantly when i asked him to do a few extra things that i had thought of but not mentioned on the phone, he was only too happy to help me. Even changing a light bulb that i could not reach was no job too small.

Totally affordable .... more importantly i felt totally at ease with them being in the house, which is something to consider when you have small children.

Posted by jobby1 08 January, 2013 13:04

Hi all,
Thanks for your suggestions but this was back in November I was looking and no longer need a handyman smiling smiley

Posted by MarthaM 10 January, 2013 11:30

I can also endorse the recommendation for Andy - reasonable and professional and a pleasure to have in the house. He did the work on a Sunday and even though it proved more of pain than originally thought, he stuck to the quote and came back on Thursday to finish the job.

Posted by linro 10 January, 2013 19:17

I woulk also like to recommend Andy and Richard. They fitted two doors for me today, they were very professional, helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble, .also they were very clean and tidy, no mess was left behind.
I would advise any body needing a work done ,to give them a call as their rates are very reasonable.
The number is 07564194363.

Posted by Sue 11 January, 2013 02:02

jobby1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all,
> Thanks for your suggestions but this was back in
> November I was looking and no longer need a
> handyman smiling smiley

xxx

Who did you use?

Sadly I made the mistake of recommending a very good handyman on here, with the result that he became too busy to come back big grin

ETA: I don't mean he'd never have come back, I mean he was booked up for months ahead sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2013:01:11:02:03:00 by Sue.

Posted by S German 19 February, 2013 19:10

I can Highly recommend Andy @ Andyman. He came to us at short notice (on a Sunday) and did a thorough, professional and very reasonable priced job for us. This included, re-sealing our shower. Fitting a door bell and some painting. Definatley a number to keep !! His Mobile: 07564 194363.

Posted by Dee Woffaz 02 March, 2013 18:19

A big thank you to Andy (Spoilt Dog) & Rich for finishing my kitchen. (a half a job dad project)Great work guys.
I will be in touch when i need my bathroom doing.

Posted by Ratcliffe 02 April, 2013 18:13

I just wanted to to recommend Andy. He has done a great job for us and is reasonable too. He laid some flooring re sealed and regrouted our bathroom.
His number is 07564 194363.

Posted by mrsbee 04 April, 2013 11:36

Another recommendation for Andy. He came round at short notice and did a professional job.

Also very reasonable rates.

Will definitely use him again.

Posted by EHN 04 April, 2013 13:43

Victor and Team 'handymaneast dulwich' have done quite a few jobs for us and are always professional,honest,reliable and very fair with rates

Posted by CRM 12 April, 2013 10:51

I would also like to recommend Andy, he did a great job at very short notice and his rates are very reasonable too. I will definitely use him again.

Posted by Heanix 13 April, 2013 18:34

Roy popped round and did some work for me yesterday. He was punctual, efficient and his rates are very reasonable. 07956 262257. Recommended!

Posted by marie1602 18 April, 2013 15:07

Hi, I am also recommending Andy (he posts on here as Spoiltdog and his number is 07564194363). He and his friend assembled 2 Ikea wardrobes. They got the work done at a good price. Very friendly too. Will contact them again.

Posted by ths0105 18 April, 2013 18:08

We have had some really fgood experiences with Terry: Polite, honest and really good at all sorts of things! His no is 07717 572 036.

Posted by marcos 04 May, 2013 12:05

I can also recommend Andy (07564 194363). He cleared out the gutter at the front of our house, did a very good job, and very helpful and friendly.

Posted by natnat 08 May, 2013 12:05

I highly recommend andy fantastic job putting up my wardrobre from ikea, friendly and efficient. I didnt no where to turn and considering the amount of recomendations thought I would call, came very soon and totally happy.

Posted by gallagher 08 May, 2013 15:49

EHN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Victor and Team 'handymaneast dulwich' have done
> quite a few jobs for us and are always
> professional,honest,reliable and very fair with
> rates

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have also used handymaneast dulwich(007handyman) cant beat the quality of work.

Posted by streborf 08 May, 2013 20:03

Another recommendation for Andy. He and his colleague did various jobs for us including grouting, putting up hooks, making good damaged ceiling etc. which we are pleased with and very nice guys too.

Posted by Pamela78 12 May, 2013 10:01

Andy just completed a bunch of small jobs for me, including putting up blinds and mirrors. He was able to quote and complete the work really quickly. Will definitely be using him again.

Posted by Asif 17 May, 2013 20:16

I want to also recommend Andy - 07564194363! I've been using Andy for the past 18 months. He's recently relaid some garden paving, rendered a garden wall, removed and refixed (without breaking) some large wall bathroom tiles and completed some painting. He's reliable, honest, friendly and his prices are very competitive. I'll continue to use Andy as he always ready to help.

Posted by simpo 22 May, 2013 21:33

I'd also like to recommend Andy. He recently resealed our bath, sink, around oven and fixed shower and towel rail. He did a great job and was very reasonably priced. He is reliable and trustworthy too so I would happily use him again. 07564194363

Posted by SE21 mum 22 May, 2013 22:30

I used Andy to do a small job in the utility area which turned out to be more complicated than anticipated. Andy with his colleague Richard came up with few ideas and finished the job in hand and that too within the timescale. Really pleased with results.
He was reasonably priced too! His number is 07564194363.

Posted by Andrea2881 26 May, 2013 01:08

I had a positive experience with Andy last week. He came to assemble some flat pack items, fix some shelves and replace the sealant around our sink. He was very professional and trustworthy. We gave him the keys and he did the job over 2 days. Excellent work and I would not hestiate to recommend him to anyone!

Posted by Kayboba 28 May, 2013 20:33

Andy came at the weekend to put up very large mirror, he came on time and was very friendly and helpful.

Would definetly recommend and use again.

Posted by lilith451 01 June, 2013 09:48

I can also recommend Andy and Richard. They fixed my guttering and unblocked my down pipe. They were punctual and friendly.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum