Forum Sponsors

Daisylets Residential Property Management
xxxx
jayegroup.co.uk

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
messageRe: Recommendations for Handyman needed
Posted by Mrs C 18 June, 2015 14:09

Another recommendation for Andy. I spoke to him on Saturday and he came round the next day as he could fit me in. He was on time and very friendly. He was helping me put up quite a few photo frames. He usually charges a set amount per frame, but due to how many of them, he felt the charge if he was to do them all at his usual price was too high for the overall job. He therefore let me know the price and asked me what I thought was reasonable. He brought everything with him and was very tidy (using the hoover as he drilled to avoid the dust in the first place - amazing!). The job took quite a chunk of his day but I was very pleased with the end result. Lovely guy. His number is: 07564194363.

Posted by cholton 18 June, 2015 15:40

Just had Andy and Richard over to provide a quote for a couple of jobs we need doing in our flat. Not only did they provide a quote considably lower than we have received previously, Andy even completed one of the small jobs there and then free of charge! Was bowled over by the gesture and will definitely use them in the future. Lovely guys and will happily recommend them.

Posted by gudi 22 June, 2015 20:44

I also recommend Andy and Richard. They came and put a concrete base down for a bike shed in the front garden. Then when it became apparent that we couldn't actually put it together - they quoted very reasonably for that and came and assembled it for us. It took much longer than anticipated but they only charged what they'd quoted which was really reasonable. Really nice guys and will be using them again. Andy: 07564 194363

Posted by Lavender1 25 June, 2015 17:18

I would also recommend Andy and Richard. Andy took some shelves down a couple of months ago and they have done a great job on fixing some curtains poles, shower rail and planing a door down. They are genuine and good at what they do. Always there to help and do a superb job however big or small. I will be using them all the time now.

Posted by kn25 27 June, 2015 20:59

Just adding our recommendation for Andy and Richard - called Andy to see if they could remove a huge fitted wardrobe, Rich came round pretty much immediately to give a quote, and just ended up doing the work straight away. He also gave lots of helpful advice about other bits of work we needed doing - a mix of stuff we can now do ourselves (thanks to his guidance) and some recommendations for more technical work (e.g. decent plasterers). Really decent guys and we'll definitely be calling on them again.

Posted by amlh 01 July, 2015 11:33

Ok, I cannot speak highly enough about Andy and Richard. Here is why they are great:
they are reliable and arrive when they say they will
they get the job done to a good standard
they clean up after the job
they are really friendly and nice to have in the house
they fit you in even when they are really busy.

For us they've made a roman blind baton, built some shelves.

Also they are happy to give helpful advice even helping me to do something I'd otherwise have paid them for.

They are really great.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2017:04:26:19:31:44 by amlh.

Posted by Forest1 21 July, 2015 17:44

Agree with all the comments about Andy and Richard. We've just used them to help us with an urgent shed-building job - and also some repairs to our kitchen cupboards and the removal of an integrated fridge. They were great - expert, hardworking and good value. I've just booked Andy for another job (tiling in the bathroom of our rental flat) and suspect we'll see quite a lot of Andy and Richard! Happy to recommend. Andy's number is 07564 194 363.

Posted by Vil3 27 July, 2015 16:20

I read all the recommendations for Andy and Richard and decided to give them a try. I rang and spoke to Andy who booked me in for an appointment a couple of days later. Richard turned up on time, fitted my shower screen quickly and efficiently and was very friendly to deal with. All in all, a stress free , smooth experience from start to finish.
Very reasonable quote too. I will use them again and recommend them to my neighbours. Thank you!

Posted by tas 29 July, 2015 15:27

Can anybody recommend anyone else, other than the amazing Andy and Richard? I have a small but urgent job and Andy can't help as he's booked up. There must be someone else good out there?

Posted by arcadian 30 July, 2015 23:00

I found 007 handyman through the forum and they have many positive recommendations.

007.handyman.co.uk

Posted by PKay 17 August, 2015 09:14

I agree with all the above. Andy & Richard were superb and were able to fix the mess I had created in our kitchen trying to install a new dishwasher myself. They knew exactly what was needed and were able to fix it all in half a day. And they were reasonably priced too! I can't see myself using anyone else in the future. Just hope they're not too busy...

Posted by d.b 17 August, 2015 17:05

Another recommendation for Andy who did a great job for us painting hallway + stairs, plus some small carpentry jobs. Friendly and polite, left everything tidy and in good order, we are very happy with the result.

Posted by DittyLovell 10 September, 2015 09:46

Andy and his colleague fixed up a mirror for me this morning and was bang on time, friendly and did a terrific job for a very reasonable price. Can't recommend him enough.

Thanks Andy.

Posted by DittyLovell 10 September, 2015 09:47

Andyman Services. 07564 194363. Andy is excellent. highly recommended.

Posted by Johnos 17 September, 2015 11:58

Andy & Richard put up a shed for us today. They did a great job in double quick time. Friendly and Polite.

Posted by sarajynx 20 September, 2015 21:13

Just want to add a shout-out for Andy and Richard. I moved overseas last year and now rent out my property - Andy is brilliant to work with - reliable and honest. I really couldn't ask for a better service.

Last year before I moved overseas they did a great job on redoing my bathroom and ever since I have used him for anything that has come up - fixing leaking plumbing, painting and decorating.... This week he organised for a Powerflush of my system to get all the rust out of my awfully old central heating system.

Andyman Services. 07564 194363.

Posted by lynnieteach 05 October, 2015 18:22

Another recommendation for Andy, he came to fix internal fittings on a wardrobe and did a great job. I'll definitely use him again.

Posted by helenski44 06 October, 2015 19:09

Yet another recommendation for Andy - he came round within 15 minutes of calling him, fixed one job and offered advice on another - and to top it off was very friendly! Will definitely use him again for some larger jobs. Thanks Andy!

Posted by Maria Jose- MJ 09 October, 2015 11:09

One more for Andy and Richard have just came round to hang some shelves, pictures and curtains. They did a great, neat job. Thank you! mj

Posted by selenac 10 October, 2015 19:00

Another recommendation for Paul-07843 877 284. He came round to my tenants' flat in Denmark Hill for a range of jobs and was really helpful.

Posted by KarenStaples 19 November, 2015 12:30

Andy and Richard are good all rounders - they put together flat pack bunk bed, painted bedroom and put up lights (and left the place neat and tidy). Also came back when there was a problem with one of the lights. Friendly and trustworthy.

Posted by fumet 29 November, 2015 22:11

Hi,

Has anyone got any recommendations other than Andy? Unfortunately he didn't turn up to a quoting appointment and then ignored my text.

Ta

Posted by Sonners 09 December, 2015 11:53

Another recommendation for Andy and Richard. They did some work for us in the summer and returned last week to fit a new utility room and do some other odd jobs (fit blinds, secure wardrobe to wall, fit shelves and install some new lights).

Good speedy work, reasonable quote and nice guys to have around.

Posted by rosendalerobin 10 December, 2015 13:24

Lovely Andy and Richard gave my kitchen a much-needed facelift--and encouraged me to get what I really wanted, and then stuck through misordering and wrong tiles until it was finished! Very happy with their level of professionalism and the end result....

Andy - 07564 194363, Richard-07724829283

messageRe: Recommendations for Handyman
Posted by siousxiesue 12 December, 2015 20:50

kerryvdk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was surprised to read that someone was unhappy
> with Andy and Richard. I used them last week after
> the recommendations on here to assemble a wooden
> playhouse, put up shelves and install a cat flap
> (strange job yes...)
>
> I found them to be prompt, tidy and professional.
> Andy came round as soon as he could to quote for
> the job and then arranged a day that was suitable
> for me to complete it.
>

I would've been happy to add to the positive comments but I can't I'm afraid! After an initial visit from Andy (who was friendly and accommodating) I waited in vain for a quote and when I chased him, was promised a call the next day which never came! Shame cos I really wanted to use him after all the accolades on here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2015:12:13:18:13:14 by siousxiesue.

Posted by sarajynx 18 December, 2015 04:32

I just wanted to give a shout out to Andy and Richard - I live in New Zealand and am not using a property manager so anything that goes wrong in my house needs to be sorted quickly, efficiently, and by someone I can trust.

Andy is always happy to help, gives me sound advice, is great to work with, my tenants find him easy too contact and I trust the advice I get from him.

Posted by Tosca 08 January, 2016 14:20

Andy and Richard were here this morning to do some small jobs - repairing, fixing and renewing. They were prompt, very tidy and the work is very neat. I would definitely recommend them.

Posted by kvw123 11 January, 2016 19:42

Another recommendation for Andy and Richard. they fitted a new bathroom floor at my flat - good job.

Posted by steffie 11 January, 2016 21:13

I can highly recommend Aston who fitted my bathroom and kitchen his work is outstanding, he is professional punctual reasonably priced and a very nice guy to deal with his number is 07490947355

Posted by steffie 12 January, 2016 12:24

I can also recommend Vincent from edf he built a small garden wall replaced some fences and done some tiling in bathroom he was very reliable, punctual and reasonably priced I was very pleased with his work his number is 07931 737773

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum