Forum Sponsors

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk
xxxx
www.no-flies.co.uk

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
messageRe: Recommendations for Handyman needed
Posted by Laur 12 January, 2016 16:22

I would also recommend Vince after finding his recommendations on here.

A brilliant handyman who is really skilled and competent. He knew exactly what had to be done, as well as being
reliable, honest and tidy. He was also very reasonably priced.

Vince 07931 737773

Posted by NicoleChampion 13 January, 2016 22:19

I'd recommend Neil. Very experienced, reliable, absolute top quality work, tidy and value for money. He's done our bathroom refit and door hanging. He's mainly a carpenter by trade; he's also made bespoke shelves for friends of ours and she was delighted.

Neil 07533506062

messageRe: Recommendations for Handyman
Posted by megmj 17 January, 2016 18:41

We can also recommend Andy and Richard. Lovely guys, really efficient and super knowledgable. We will definitely use them again!

Posted by janicemuir 20 January, 2016 11:39

I messaged Andy,then spoke with him to go through what I wanted, we made a day and time for him to come round and I emailed him to confirm and give address. I waited in for him but he did not show and no call or message to say why. I dropped him an email yesterday to ask why no show, but to date no message back.

It's kind of what I expect from trade and handymen reallty.

Posted by Lucy95 25 January, 2016 08:20

Hi - I have used Andy & Richard and thought they were professional and good value. Try contacting Richard on 07724 829283

Posted by claire1985 25 January, 2016 15:16

Hi, I have been using Lifestyle Design and Build since they built the extension to my house. Apart from their building works, they offer also maintenance services which is very convenient for me. Doesn't matter if i need an electrician or a handyman - i call them and they sort out everything for me. Give them a call at 02077203082.

Good luck!
Claire

Posted by witagh 30 January, 2016 08:46

I'd also recommend Richard and Andy. They've done various jobs for us over the years and they're efficient, good value, honest and good guys.

Posted by JonathanUT 28 February, 2016 17:06

I have just used Andyman Services for assembling Ikea multi-packages for a child's bunk/cabin bed. I was also recommend Andy.
There was also a big sofa that needed moving. Andy is clearly in demand, but came and gave a very reasonable quote and got the job done at the weekend. I was impressed. He does decorating and gardening services. I am going go get him to fit a couple of fence panels over the summer. Recommended. His number: 07564 194 363.

Posted by vahn 07 March, 2016 13:51

I must too recommend Andy (Andyman) and Richard his partner. I had a number of jobs that needed doing, including converting a toilet into a utility room and building lounge units and shelving. During the course of the work there were moments when my original plans had to be adapted and they were always ready to help with solutions.

Their quality of work is excellent and they won't leave (or take payment) until you are completely satisfied with everything they've done. Very trustworthy. I felt I was in safe hands and they guided a novice through the process of renovation.

Posted by pinkgrapefruit 18 April, 2016 19:35

Hello,
Andyman services AKA Andy and Richard have just completed a fantastic job in our new build flat and I'm keen to recommend them on the EDF as this is where I got their contact details.
This is the second time I've used their services in the past year and once again we're thrilled with their professionalism and the work completed - this time tiling a splash back in our kitchen, putting up shelves, towel rails, hooks, pictures and mirrors. They approach each and every job with integrity, first visiting for an initial discussion and quote, and are incredibly patient and thorough to ensure the work is the best it can be and you are 100% happy (at real value for money).
It's a pleasure to use their services and we're looking forward to working with them again for future flat works.

Posted by Maria Jose- MJ 26 April, 2016 15:03

Hi, I totally endorse these recommendations. Andy and Richard came last Friday and as usual completed a long list of tasks in a couple of hours. Great value and it's always good to see them. mj from Westwood Park

Posted by Jenny I 29 June, 2016 14:21

I'm another fan of Andy of Andyman Services. We had one of those jobs that fall into the 'too small' category (door that was sticking) but Andy came round to see it the next day, got the job done quickly and efficiently, was very professional and great value for money. It's so good when you find a local tradesman you know you can rely on and, above all, trust. I highly recommend him.

Posted by FT83 10 July, 2016 21:44

I would like to add to the recommendations for Andy of Andyman Services. He came to our aid at very short notice on two occasions in the same week. The first time was to remove existing shelving (which he did very tidily) and the second time was to fill holes in the wall left by an electrician. For the second job, I spoke with him at 10.30pm and he arrived at 7am the following day. I will definitely be calling on him again.

Posted by rowena 11 July, 2016 22:15

I would like to add my endorsement of Andy and Richard. I contacted Andy to give me a quote for redecorating my bathroom and a few other repairs to my property. I liked Andy immediately and trusted him enough to give him the keys to my property and let him get on with the job without any interference or delays. He finished the job within the time quoted and at a reasonable price. The work was done to a very good standard and he took the time to call and check with me if he needed to do or buy anything, that might cause extra expense.
I only met Richard once but he struck me as another very hard-working and knowledgeable guy. Gave me advice on a few jobs that I hadn't noticed would need doing fairly soon and if not carried out would prove more difficult and expensive to deal with later.
I will definitely be using Andy and Richard again and am waiting for a quote on some further work we discussed today. Andyman can be contacted on 07564 194363.

Posted by Beebowe 08 August, 2016 16:40

Another recommendation for Andy. He came round at short notice to strip some very awkward wallpaper on the ceiling above our open tread stairs.

He spent a while explaining how we'd be able to do the job ourselves if we didn't want to pay for it. We were still a bit nervous about balancing ladders above stairs though, so Andy squeezed us in on a Saturday morning, and even came back on the Monday to finish off a section he hadn't realised we thought was included.

Clean, tidy, and a massive help.

Thanks Andy!

Posted by P.O.U.S.theWonderCat 08 August, 2016 17:13

Andy didn't bother sending me a quote after spending a considerable amount time arranging to get him around and talking him through the options. He also made a couple of comments that took me quite aback. I was very disappointed as he'd seemed a really nice guy and I'd invseted so much time trying to book him!

Posted by spoiltdog 07 April, 2017 11:03

Hi now taking Bookings for May onwards look forward to youre call Andy 07564194363 - Rich 07724829283

Posted by SaraEllen 25 April, 2017 11:19

I'd like to add my recommendation for Andyman Services. I've used Andy and Richard before when they did an excellent series of jobs for me. I was very impressed with their professionalism and the care they took over everything.

I now need a few jobs done in the house and garden, including installing a new manhole cover, so I called them out for a quote. While having a look to see if the new manhole cover would fit the space they actually fitted the new cover and didn't charge me for it. You can't get better than that! I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a handyman.

Posted by Ladygooner 23 May, 2017 19:31

Seconded for Andyman Services - 2nd time of using Andy - fitting a wall safe, came after hours today as he is going on holidsy tomorrow. Don't expect any response from Andy til 2nd June!

Posted by spoiltdog 05 September, 2017 09:17

Hi we are now taking bookings up towards December feel free to call Andy 07564194363 / Richard 07724829283 ,look forward to youre call

Posted by sunshineSJ 12 September, 2017 16:28

Andy just fitted a new dishwasher control panel for me saving me the expense of a new dishwasher. He's been my go-to handyman over the last few years from small jobs like this to painting my flat. He's always cheerful, reliable and prices are very reasonable. Highly recommend.

Posted by vicky1234 24 September, 2017 21:27

I'd like to add a recommendation for Andy. He came and fitted our fridge / freezer into our integrated kitchen after John Lewis said they weren't able to.He came over quickly - despite it being a Saturday morning. He was incredibly professional, tidy, quick and helpful and we had our fridge freezer installed much quicker and for a fraction of the cost that John Lewis were going to charge us - he was incredibly reasonable. Not only that - he also fixed the flush on our toilet at the same time free of charge! I really couldn't recommend him more highly - I was super impressed.He's also a super friendly nice guy. If you need him his tel no is 07564194363

Posted by natsk1 04 October, 2017 14:11

I can recommend Andy and Richard too (Andyman Services - 02086702227 / 07564194363 / ). I called in a panic on Sunday, and not only did Andy pick up the phone but he managed to book me in for this morning (Wednesday). The other people we'd rung around were talking about 2-3 weeks so it was amazing to get such a quick service. They did exactly what was needed (pulling up patio tiles and chipping through concrete) and left me a happy customer! Really lovely blokes, too. Will use again.

Posted by carolod 05 October, 2017 18:07

I can 100% recommend Andy & Richard - these guys are the BEST & given all their great reviews on this thread, I can see that I'm not the only one impressed by their standard of work & also what absolutely lovely guys they are!

They came around & helped instal & neatly drill holes for the hoses of my washing machine to fit & also put up a curtain track for me.

They even went the extra mile & took the time to help me spot a leak in my bathroom which I never would have found without them.

These guys are professional, so friendly & are really knowledgeable. If I ever need anything done again, I will always use them.

Posted by indiepanda 09 October, 2017 12:10

Andy came out at very short notice to put up some blinds and take apart / move and reassemble a bed in a different room for me. He made sure he cleaned up after himself and went beyond what I had asked him to do (has asked if he could give me a hand moving mattresses and he did them on his own - how I do not know as one of them was very heavy!)

Am already planning to get him back to do more jobs around the house.

Posted by sarajynx 30 October, 2017 20:05

I have used Andy for around 10 years now. He is easy to contact, friendly, and knows how to get a good deal on things.

I live in New Zealand and rent out my house in Nunhead. While I have been away he'd installed a completely new kitchen. He took my vague brief, sourced all the fittings, got experts in for plumbing and gas, and did a great job. When I visited earlier this year it looked awesome. I had a few additional requests to finish off the build and he's been quick to respond.

He's also rebuilt a collapsed ceiling for me and installed a new bathroom as an insurance job. He's painted rooms, hung new light fittings - the works. A* service.

Andy - awjacob@hotmail.com 07564194363

Posted by 500adrians 31 October, 2017 12:00

I'd like to add my huge recommendation for Andy too. I engaged him last week based on the great reviews I'd seen for him on EDF. He did an array of jobs for me including refixing a shower rail that had been pulled out from a wall, re-siliconing the bath, polyfilling and painting over cracks and holes left by previous less professional workmen; fixing the overhead hob extractor fan; and odd painting jobs. He was professional, friendly, punctual, and everything was done to the highest standard. After having tried a number of other handymen over the last 8 years I've been living in the area he will defintitely be the only one I go to from now on. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Andy - 07564 194 363

Posted by sammy97c 15 November, 2017 10:53

I highly recommend Andy.

This is the first time Andy has done work for me and I found him to be very trustworthy, and he did great job. The work he did included replace decking, repair damaged window frame, repair and replace kitchen kick-boards, and laid lino flooring.

Andy takes his time to talk through the work he will do, and was focused on making sure I was happy with the work.

Andy - awjacob@hotmail.com 07564194363

Posted by Helena 17 November, 2017 14:22

Another shout out for Andy who did a good job changing door handle and fitting fan in bathroom.

messageRecommendations for instal kitchen cabnet(handy man)
Posted by Farooq 24 November, 2017 12:18

Hi.
I am looking for handy man to put six kitchen wall cabinets in my small kitchen.
Pictures can be provide.
Regards
Farooq

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum