GM Hairdressers - Melbourne Grove

netballcoach

It pains me to do this but please think twice before using GMs. I've been there 3 times - the first time was ok. The cut was ok as was the colour. I had asked more a bit more of a cut but the hairdresser said it took her a couple of cuts to get the right style for the customer. OK I thought.

I went back a few weeks later for a blow dry as I was glaming up for a special night out. It wasn't with the person I'd had before - I'd asked for her and was told she wasn't in but she was there when I came in. The style dropped out after 1 hour and was a complete mess. I had to wash and re do at home.

At my 3rd and very much final visit the junior took out my highlights too early despite me asking her twice if they should come out. I was then left in the hair wash room whilst the stylist told her off outside - there were tears and everything. No one came to talk to me. A totally different person came in and just continued washing my hair as if nothing had happened. On questioning she said it should be fine. Finally back in my chair my stylist didn't mention what had happened. I had to ask and say I was upset.

When I got home, the cut I'd asked for had not been done ('d been there 4 hours so just wanted to get out as you could imagine). Furthermore my highlights had not been carried through my hair or been done at the right angle to my scalp. Consequently I have waves of colour through the lengths of my hair and I now have zig zags at my scalp as it has grown.

Now you might say go back and get it sorted. Thing is when you lose all trust you just don't want to and can't.

I now have hairdresser phobia.

gMs seem to offer cheap services and that, in my experience, is exactly what you get.

Hi their, sorry to hear your bad experience, it was interesting for me to read as I am a hairdresser, not at this salon, thank god!

If you need a hair fix, I can help, I can come to your home too!

Kelly

I have attached a couple of pics to show my work.

GMs have never had a good press on this forum.

I gave them two or three chances years ago and gave up. Your experiences sound much more horrendous than mine.

Go to Kuki in Bellenden Road and ask for Shingo.

ETA: Don't just take my word for it, check out all these happy customers on this very forum:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?30,752426,page=1

ETA: I don't know if they still do, but GMs used to actually SAY in their LEAFLETS that if anything went wrong they would put it right!! That sends out warning signs, really, doesn't it!!

Do go back and tell them - I'm sure they'd put it right.

My mum goes there and loves it, but I went for highlights and came out with a rubbish 'do. I've never complained to a hairdresser before, but I phoned them and they were really nice about it and put it right.

I wouldn't go back but I thought it was great customer service.

verds Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

but I went for

> highlights and came out with a rubbish 'do. I've

> never complained to a hairdresser before, but I

> phoned them and they were really nice about it and

> put it right.

>

> I wouldn't go back but I thought it was great

> customer service.

xxxxxxx

Great customer service? You paid them for a service and got a rubbish one - of course they should put it right!

> Great customer service? You paid them for a service and got a rubbish one - of course they should put it right!

Ha ha, you're right. I was just pleasantly surprised after I plucked up the courage to complain!

Anyway, I went to Pauline at Kuki and she did me some great highlights, so no need to ever go back to GMs.

• 4 years later...
I went there last week and the whole experience was awful! It was supposed to be a relax and feeling pampered instead I felt everything was in a rush. They only have 45 mins per customer which I think it's not reasonable for the cut, blow dry & style. I won't go back there again!

Completely agree. I love Shingo and he normally cuts my hair but he is on holidays at the moment, another lovely stylist stepped in and was just as amazing. Lovely team and they treat you as an individual, highly recommend.

EDAus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Completely agree. I love Shingo and he normally

> cuts my hair but he is on holidays at the moment,

> another lovely stylist stepped in and was just as

> amazing. Lovely team and they treat you as an

> individual, highly recommend.

They give you a tea or coffee, too :)

And are remarkably reasonably priced for such a high quality cut.

I think we are really lucky to have Kuki locally.