Lordship Lane Carpets - How do they stay in business?

KalamityKate

I've just had yet another frustrating conversation with Lordship Lane Carpets.

How do they stay in business when all of their staff are so rude to customers? I have contacted them at various times over the last few years for business and personal carpet requirements and they appear to have no regard at all for their customers. I'm sure I'm not the only person to complain about this carpet shop of horrors - Mary Portas, get your a**e down to Dulwich and teach these idiots how to treat their customers with respect!!

EJ Carpets in Forest Hill, so much friendlier and cheaper will be getting my bucks in future.

I went in there a few months ago. Some lump in a Crystal Palace shirt waddled over to help - then immediately lost interest when I said I was after about 25m2 of cheap, contract-quality stuff. Thought he could have tried to hide his disgust a bit, though at least he was being honest...

Oh thank god it wasn't just me! I went in last year to try buy floor bars and was so taken aback by the rudeness of the manager referred to as 'the lump' that I couldn't even come back with a worthy response. Since then, we have refurbished our new house, which required 2,000sq.ft of new carpet and used a different supplier. Businesses shouldn't be so short-sighted. Oh well, am sure natural market forces will prevail.

From my experience it's only a few members of staff that let the entire team down. Sorry guys, but you need to have a culling and it's obvious which members should not be interacting with customers.

The fittings have always gone well, although the sub-contractors are a law unto themselves turning up late and showing no degree of courtesy or apology. Communication is extremely poor and fitting schedules slip making it virtually impossible to orchestrate any other work around the fitting.

We've used them twice and we've aired our opinions which weren't very well received which reflects the level of customer service. We don't feel that we'd be welcome back, even if we decided to give them another go.

A word to all on this Thread though would be to "complain to them, not to each other".

Perhaps once they begin to hear the same complaints it will hit home and they'll address these internal problems.

sarahf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Oh well, am sure natural market

> forces will prevail.

xxxxxx

They've been there for years, it's highly unlikely they'll close down now .....

I've only used them once and had no problems. Have only ever had friendly and helpful service when I've gone in to ask about things since then.

I wouldn't buy from again. The manager is quite aggressive when you question anything and he also gave me bad advice and I ended up buying some sound insulation that hardly helped at all. Shortly afterwards I saw the top insulation he sold me in B&Q at 20% of the price.

We had our place completely carpeted by Lordship Lane Carpets. We found the service to be excellent, the price was reasonable, the standard of the carpet supplied was superb and the fitting was top-notch. Would definitely use again ... but can't see us needing to re-carpet in our lifetimes!

I completely agree with the above comments I also experienced a bad service from lordship lane.I was recommended to try house of carpets and curtains in Sydenham very good service and same quality as there but a lot cheaper. Overall very pleased with service and very pleasant fitter.

Also I bought curtains and blinds from there a very happy customer will definitely recommend and be using them again

I always book ian for a personal shop in advance which guarantees brilliant service in my experience,ive been a customer for years here and ive never had any issues what so ever,good customer service with expert knowledge and great selection of products.Highly recommended.

Having read some of the above comments here i felt the need to give my own experiences of LLC.I also booked an appointment as it appears this is a VERY busy shop and with good reason,they really know their stuff here!I think it was Ian who dealt with me also,he guided me through the whole process and to be honest saved me from making some costly mistakes and really made an effort to find the right products to suit my needs as i didnt have a clue!

I thought it was a great service from start to finish,great advice(these guys are very knowledgeable),good fitting and reasonable on price considering the lovely quality of the carpet i had chosen.I would not hesitate to recommend them and will take this opportunity to say a big thankyou to all at lordship lane carpets!