Painter, builder recommended

D

I want to recommend Berdec Decorators (Dave Franklin and his team) as builders/decorators. They have just completed work to the front of our house including repairing out window frames, painting the front of the house, replacing tiles on a sloping roof and re-concreting our front steps. All work was done to a high standard by two polite and hard-working builders.

Additionally, a few faults were spotted which they rectified for no additional cost (unblocking a drain and replacing a cracked downpipe).

Dave kept me informed about how the works were progressing and charged a very fair price. We would definitely use them again.

Please don't hesitate to contact me for more information if required.

Dave Franklin's number is 07956 688622.

Thank you,

Mrs Gillies

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to second a recommendation for Dave Franklin and his team. He's just finished painting our pebbledashed house white plus picking out the black beams and doing the front door and all window frames. He quoted me an all-in price, started the following week and finished on time. My husband and I are really pleased with the result - he did absolutely everything including painting a grey plastic pipe black to match all the other pipes. He even suggested - without us asking - that we keep back some money for a few days in case we spot any snags. Very good work - has made our tired house look sparkling!

Dave and his team helped me out today at very short notice...

They painted bedroom walls and ceilings, windowsills, skirting boards etc to a very high standard. They brought all their own equipment and were very neat and hardworking. Very pleasant and reliable.

Highly recommended...

• 3 weeks later...

Have just had Dave in to do bathroom,kitchen/ diner and hall. Did a great job, including little extras like fitting a new toilet seat. Would definitely recommend him. Reasonable price ,tidy,he will be doing the outside next.

Would not hesitate to use him again.

Just to update from my original post (25th Feb):Dave came round last week to check visually and verbally that everything is in order with the works he did.

Very committed to doing a good job!

D

• 2 months later...
Unfortunately we haven't had such great experiences with Dave Franklin. He did some external painting work on window frames and masonry. Looked good initially but less than a year later they were peeling with timber damage and we've been informed he used the wrong materials for the work.

We have had our living room painted and kitchen painted and tiled with Dave Franklin and are pleased with the work. He fitted us in at very short notice and was a very reasonable price. Will be using again and would recommend.

• 3 weeks later...

We?d like to add a recommendation of Dave and his team too.

Our neighbour had an extension which caused considerable damage to our property including; cracks internally and externally which needed repairing and making good afterwards, our back door being lodged in its frame which needed to be replaced, and cracked tiles in our bathroom which meant the whole bathroom needed re-tiling.

Dave came and gave us a really reasonable quote. He worked with us throughout the process to ensure it went smoothly and helped minimise the stress caused by our neighbour damaging our property. He even held off on increasing his labour price after realising the tiling would take longer than expected, as this would have caused issues with our neighbour who was paying for the repairs. He is a good communicator and always responds promptly to questions etc. All of the team who worked on the project were friendly and polite.

The work carried out was completed to a high standard. As with any job there were a few snags that we asked Dave to come back and finish off, which he did promptly and with no fuss. He also did a few little extras (fitting kitchen light, fixing weak stair etc) at no extra cost.

We?re really happy with the end result and will be using Dave and his team again in the future. Highly recommended!

FL: did you get back to Dave when he offered to put things right? We noticed that our black beams were looking a bit patchy a month or so after the initial painting and rang Dave who explained it was just wood filler showing through. He then came back free of charge and repainted the black bits with no quibbles at all. I think that's the sign of a professional tradesman and would not hesitate to recommend him.

• 1 month later...

I also want to recommend Berdec Decorators (Dave and his team) for decoration work.

One of his guys did the front of the house and was extremely hardworking (I worked from home 2 days and noticed he didn't stop from 8 til around 3-4, and didn't request endless cups of tea!).

Pat is now decorating inside and doing a sterling job, real perfectionist standard. Checks if anything he's unsure about and again just gets on with it and works all day long with very few breaks.

Tidy and clean at the end of each day too.

Couldn't have wished for more pleasant and friendly yet professional decorators and would definitely use again for inside and out of the house.

They gave us the most reasonable quote out of 3 (all found on this site) which was an extra bonus!

Please don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions.

Dave Franklin's number is 07956 688 622

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to recommend Dave Franklin and his team - we had them re-do all the paintwork / rendering on our bay window which was all cracked and peeling including refilling all the stonework which was crumbling.

Dave and Pat did a great job - it was all finished in 2 days which was amazingly quick, and they left everything very tidy each day. They also did extra bits like painting the edge of the front door and the base of the house where it was looking a bit shabby.

We are really pleased with the finished job and plan to get Dave and his team back to do some more painting when we are ready. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Also very reasonable quote vs others we had and more responsive when I got in touch.

I also have nothing but praise for Dave Franklin and his team from Berdec Decorators. Pat, in his team, restored our sash windows and then then redecorated and painted them and they now look beautiful. He managed to do all the work in 3 days and left the place spotless every night. He also made good some previous work which another builder had not completed properly - and did not alter the original quote - something we were really impressed with.

We had other quotes for the work and Dave's was very reasonable and you can tell they really take pride in their work and are responsive and above all punctual. We already plan to use them again for some exterior painting and I know we will be using them for much more in the future.

His number is 07956 688622. Feel free to private message me if you have any queries.

• 4 months later...

I recently used Dave Franklin and his team over the Christmas period (I was away) and he was great! He kept me updated, and even came back to do a few touch ups which I spotted needed doing. He did this quickly, was really keen to have it perfect and did not charge extra.

He was also the cheapest quote I got for the work, which was decorating and plastering the living room and hall way.

I highly recommend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After contacting Dave based on the recommendations given here, I am pleased with the work he has done on my flat in Gipsy Hill. He repaired, re sealed and painted my bay window. He was very quick to do the work, especially given the bad weather and has been no hassle at all to contact. I would use Dave Franklin and Berdec decorators again.

• 4 weeks later...
Dave has recently carried out some repair work on our garden wall. Him and his team have done a great job, we are really pleased with the work. He also removed all of the old debris and tidied up after completing the work. He gets a big recommendation from me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would also like to recommend Dave Franklin and his team (Berdec Decorators). Terry and Sue did a great job making good some areas of damaged plasterwork resulting from earlier leaks, and decorating my bathroom, kitchen and stairwell/landing. They were very considerate, friendly and helpful, and I especially appreciated that they left my flat tidy and useable at the end of each day, which makes all the difference in a one bedroom flat. They worked really hard to get the job done quickly, which also minimised the disruption.

• 1 month later...
I'd like to add a recommendation for Dave Franklin and his team 07956 688622 at Berdec. We had some stripping and repainting to do on our front bay window, plus rebuilding and repainting front garden wall. Very professional job, worked over bank holiday weekend and it looks brilliant - a total transformation for a very reasonable price. They also repainted our drainpipe/gutter which we hadn 't realised was part of the deal! He also offered to touch up any bits which needed it. We 're most satisfied customers.

• 1 month later...
I can highly recommend Dave and his team, particularly Pat. Over the last 18 months they have painted a number of rooms inside and most recently the outside of the house. The plastering work we have had done has also been excellent. Very neat and tidy workers too.

We're also happy to recommend Dave. He decorated the exterior of our house, front and back. His team were friendly and puntual and did a good job. They managed to do the job according to our budget and its looking great. We would definitely use them again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi all, Dave Franklin has just finished work on our house painting the outside and all of the wood work and we are really pleased. They worked really hard and were a pleasure to deal with plus reasonably priced. Highly recommend him.