Jonathan Payne?

Benj

Have noticed that Jonathan Payne Builders are doing quite a bit of work in the Bellenden Road area. We're thinking of having them in to quote for an extension.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

We have used Jon Payne on several occasions. To refurb our dining room and bathroom, and lately, to totally redecorate our dining room, lay a parquet floor, and build a conservatory (along side conservatory company)

I have always found Jon and his team to be very friendly and skilled. Also, to be utterly trustworthy, which is very important when letting people into your home.

Jon has avery good eye for design. I am a designer myself, but I always find Jon's ideas extremely useful.

Communication is excellent. We have used Polish builders in the past, who have also been great, but it is nice to be able to communicate in detail and totally understand what the plan of action is without any misunderstandings.

We have had a couple of accidents, like on any job, and Jon and his team have always held themselves accountable, and rectified matters, without any 'it wasn't my fault' type of behaviour.

The fact that he is very local means that if you ask him a question he will usually pop round and speak to you face to face within the hour which I think is excellent.

Another thing to mention, which my husband is really keen on, is that Jon will give you a really detailed and accurate quote. When we have used other builders the quote has always been a bit vague and open ended shall we say? Jon is not the cheapest out there, but his quote is pretty fixed, so unless you have a sudden unexpected problem, you know what you will be paying.

• 3 weeks later...
Jonathan Payne has just finished re-building my son's flat in Peckham. My son was absent so I dealt with Jonathan. He came very heavily recommended by a neighbour with pretty exacting standards, but lived up to the billing. His men were obliging, indeed really friendly, and dealt with any neighbour issues with tact. Jonathan himself came up lots of good ideas, and on the business side was straight forward and transparent in his dealings. Snagging was carried out promply without the need for nagging. Having builders in things can be stressful, I am not saying this was heaven, but about as good as it gets on that front. GJ14

We used Jonathan Payne and wish we hadn't. At first, we found him to be engaging and full of ideas, however this changed. He was extremely slow and eventually our work came to a virtual standstill. Although relieved when he finally left, we are now aware of a number of issues with the work in which corners were cut or work simply not done and we are now having to spend money repairing these issues.

I have used Jon Payne so many times over the years I have lost count. Whether it is for the different business that we run or for my home. The thing with Jon that you get is total honesty, quality work, good communication, friendly workers and a genuine price. I have recommended him many may times and everyone I know has been more than satisfied. For building work in the area he would always be the first person I would call and I never have any hesitation that the work will get done to a very high standard and to how we agreed.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to add to this thread - Jonathan did extensive building work for us last year (taking down structural walls, putting in a new bathroom etc) and he was honest, trustworthy and a pleasure to work with. The work was done to an excellent standard and we wouldn't hesitate to use him again - in fact we are just about to! Highly recommended.