Recommended Heating Engineer/plumber

CityMum

After 5 years of trouble free heating, we recently had a lot of problems with our Remeha Avanta boiler which kept displaying various error messages and cutting out. The manual is very vague about the causes of these and the general opinion is that they are notoriously difficult to diagnose and rectify. We got in touch with John Powers (07977909339) who rose to the challenge and doggedly persisted until he got to the bottom of the problem, whilst at the same time keeping costs as low as possible. He rose to the challenge, when some would have run away and is now pretty familiar with the workings of this type of boiler!! Highly recommended.

Just wanted to add to this- have found John and his team excellent over the last few months. We've been really pleased with their work (boiler service, removal of gas cooker and some redundant pipework, fixing of a bad leak on Christmas Eve and advice on new radiators) their rates are very reasonable and they are lovely to deal with.

• 2 weeks later...
John is a complete star. Our heating and hot water failed on Easter Sunday. We called and he was (understandably) away but arranged to come first thing on Easter Monday. Arrived at 8am and had it all sorted within minutes and for a very reasonable price, especially given it was a bank holiday. He's reliable, cheerful and great value for money. I'd recommend him with pleasure.

We have used John for general servicing and emergency callouts, he has always been there for us. Two weeks ago our boiler died and John came at nine at night to fix it! I wish more tradesmen were like him, always professional and reliable!

I would like to also add my praise for John Powers. He was absolutely brilliant when our boiler broke. A new part was required, which he got first thing the next morning - but in the meantime gave us two electric heaters so we weren't too cold overnight - which given it was during one of the many cold snaps was hugely appreciated.

I wish to add my voice to the John Powers fan base. My boiler broke at 6pm. He was out in a restaurant but kept texting me advice on what (and what not) to do. He was round the next morning- got her up and running again and at a very reasonable price. Thanks John.

• 2 weeks later...
Got Johns details from EDF and wanted to say thankyou for the recommendation and thankyou to John for a prompt, friendly and very professional service. Turned out my boiler wasn't broken but my toddler had turned an obscure switch off at the other end of the house: John cleaned out a part and checked it all over anyway. Will definitely call him again if we need anything plumbing/heating related done.

Also want to add a recommendation for John - he came round the same evening we discovered no heating and no hot water (the evening before our first baby scan!) He's friendly, helpful and took the time and care to makes sure the boiler was fully working before he left.

• 2 weeks later...

A huge thanks to John and his team for a fantastic service. After moving into a new place and discovering that the boiler had broken down, we were bit stressed to have no hot water or heating and a 9 month old baby to deal with! After several plumbers let me down and failed to turn up when they said they would, John responsed to my text within minutes. He turned up to have a look at the problem the very same day and ordered the necessary part straight away. He returned the very next morning, fixed the part and got the boiler up and working again and also installed our new oven and hob! John and his team are very friendly, knowledgeable, efficient, honest and probably the best plumbing team i have come across in years. Will not be using anyone else from now on. Oh and his prices are very competitive.

Thanks John.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to add to the list of recommendations for John Powers and team. Responded immediately to a query on a bank holiday and ordered relevant boiler part which was fitted as soon as it came in. Really easy to deal with, and will definitely use again in the future. 07977 909339 is his number.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Another recommendation for John Powers and his colleague Dan - removed several radiators for us (draining and refilling central heating system to do this), fitted the replacement radiators and also changed old radiator valves for TRVs throughout the house. Very happy with the work, charge a fair price and both very nice chaps to have around. Highly recommend for any heating/plumbing work.

John Powers and Dan have just finished installing a new boiler for me. They did a great job. Both are friendly and hard working. The cost was very reasonable. Cannot recommend them enough for all heating/plumbing work.

• 4 weeks later...
All I can do is just add to the praise and recommendations. John came round a few weeks ago to give me a quote for a new boiler and I was very impressed with how many small details he spotted and how well he explained what he'd need to do. (The quote was also way better than the British Gas equivalent, and for a higher-spec boiler). He came back with Dan yesterday (yes, Bank Holiday) and they powered through, getting the whole thing done in a day with no fuss, cleaning up perfectly afterwards. Again, he was very good at explaining what was going on, and gave me a few tips about unrelated problems in the flat. Great guy and very easy to get along with. If you do get him and Dan in to do some work, though, make sure you have plenty of biscuits because they don't even stop for lunch.

John came round only hours after I called to say our heating and hot water had broken. He was exceptionally thorough in his work, great at explaining exactly what was going on and genuinely nice. I will be calling him again without a second thought.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Another recommendation for John Powers. John and his team have carried out a number of boiler/heating repairs for me and were always professional, reliable and a pleasure to deal with. John is really approachable, this weekend we had a leak (nothing to do with John's work), I called John on Saturday evening not really expecting a response but John called me straight back and averted a possible disaster.

I would also like to add a recommendation for John Powers.

He came to fix a new hob yesterday and ended up spending a lot of his time trying to find a gas leak! He was professional and thorough throughout, and was very fair in relation to cost. Would definitely use him again.