Vibration Training - What is it and does it work?

gci5

There seems to be some confusion regarding what we do at High Vibe and more importantly what Vibration Training is so I?m going to clarify a few things here:

Firstly I?d like you to forget the images of wobbling belts, there are no wobbling belts involved. Vibration Training involves performing certain exercises on a vibrating platform. These exercises can be performed statically (still) or dynamically (with movement). The platform vibrates at speeds of up 50Hz which equals 50 times per second. While you are on the platform your body is forced to stabilise against the vibration causing your muscles to contract and relax at whatever speed the vibration plate is set to, again up to 50Hz. These contractions recruit almost 100% of your muscle fibres so are extremely effective at building strength and tone if practised regularly. It is not a quick fix, just like any exercise it takes some time to see results. Some see results quicker than others but that is nothing to do with training and more to do with outside factors. There are many other factors that can affect how you will respond to any exercise including:

? Diet

? Stress

? Hormone Levels

? Genetics

? Mobility

? Lifestyle

If you come to High Vibe and then go and eat junk afterwards you will not see great results. But if you follow a healthy, balanced diet, manage stress, improve or make some changes to your lifestyle and address any other health issues vibration training will work for you. It has worked for hundreds of people who have walked through High Vibe?s doors, sceptical and unsure, and who are now true devotees of vibration training and especially of High Vibe.

You could try vibration training at some beauty salons, where they only charge you ?5 to stand on a vibrating plate for 15 minutes but to be honest you may as well go and sit on your washing machine while it?s on spin, you will get the same benefit. You see all vibration plates are not created equally. You can spend ?100 on one or up ?10,000. At High Vibe we use Vibrogym Professional Vibration Plates which retail at approximately ?7000. Just as all vibration plates are not equal, neither is the vibration they emit. Vibrogym plates work with a linear vibration which means the vibration goes up and down, not side to side like some other plates. Linear vibration has been shown to be much more effective and beneficial than any other form of vibration. In order for the vibration to be effective there needs to be a load on the platform and the platform needs to be strong enough to work against that load, otherwise you are just getting a nice massage, which feels great but will not strengthen muscle or burn calories. So the cheaper, plastic, non- linear plates will make you feel good but will offer little to no real benefits.

So what does a session at High Vibe entail?

We work with you, mainly on a one to one basis, at a pace that suits you. You will be performing a combination of static and dynamic exercises covering all the major muscles in the body. You will be required to put some effort in, the machine doesn?t do all the work for you (sorry) it just makes all the exercises you do much more effective. Here is a short list of some of the main exercises we do:

? Squats

? Push ups

? Planks

? Lunges

? Crunches

? Tricep Dips

? Bicep Curls

? Pelvic Raises

? Plus many more...

After a couple of sessions we will encourage you to start using weights and will increase the intensity of the vibration and the pace of the session. We will always make sure you are happy with what you are doing and never make you do something you are uncomfortable with, but we will push you, harder than you would push yourself, that?s our job.

A common misconception is that vibration training is easy, and it?s the lazy way to exercise. This is simply not true, as I?m sure most of our clients would confirm. It?s just time efficient, in half an hour you can achieve what it would take roughly an hour and half to achieve with regular exercise. This is quite a broad statement and is meant as a guide only, but half an hour of vibration training is more than enough to get you sweating and feeling as if you?ve had great workout.

High Vibe has many testimonials from people who?ve not only lost weight, but dramatically improved their fitness in a very short period of time. If you would like to read them please visit our website or come in and we will be happy to show them to you.

We offer a Free Trial Session so there is nothing to lose and potentially everything to gain so get in touch, even if you?re a sceptic. We love a sceptic... ;)

020 8693 3955

[email protected]

http://www.highvibe.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/HighVibeLondon

I've been doing this since nov since someone recommended it. I am a self confessed serial starter of exs programmes but also rubbish at maintaining. This is great ( hard but well matched to your fitness) and takes 30 mins. The having to book a slot works for me as I'd never dream of missing an appt whereas convincing myself I'll go to the gym tomorrow instead of today and doing neither is on my track record.

Would recommend a try

I've been going since Oct/Nov last year and definitely have seen results, as much in the change of body shape as weight loss. Gianni and his team are excellent personal trainers, pushing hard and very supportive and encouraging. I'm laid up at the moment with prolapsed disc but cannot wait to restart sessions (lots of experience and knowledge of any limitations due to injury too).

Definitely recommended by me!