Recommendation for a painter / decorator?

CBE

Following recommendations on the EDF I recently used David of Experts Decorators to paint / decorate and carry out some plumbing work. He was prompt, reliable and very reasonably priced (which was greatly appreciated!).They did a great job for me, and I had him back last week, doing more. Local and fairly priced, professional and happy to have him near by.We highly recommend David and his team.

David's number is 07513049747 / [email protected]

We are full service, professional London painting & decorating contractors serving London and local areas. Capital Painter team strives to provide quality customised service to residents and businesses wishing to make improvements to the interior and exterior of their property. At Capital Painter, you will find skilled painters and decorators who are ready to exceed your expectations.

http://www.capitalpainter.co.uk/southwestlondonpainters.html

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got some painting and decorating done in our place after recommendations seen on the forum for David from Expert Decorators and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Along with a top quality finish, he is reasonably priced, professional and reliable. We have already had him do a couple of other small jobs and will definitely be using him in the future for any type of home improvement. Already passed on his details to family. Highly recommended.

David : 07513049747

I can highly recommend Scott Alexander.

He is locally based, Dunstans Road and is highly professional, experienced painter/decorator. We have used him several times when other painters have let us down and he has renovated our house perfectly. He has also painted exterior of Mum's 4 storey Victorian House in Peckham, extremely pleased with the job.

He is always punctual and a really pleasant guy. Prices are very reasonable too.

Scott Alexander: 07830216237

Hi, having needed some decorating done myself a few weeks ago, I came here looking for advice. Martin Chandler did seems to have the most recomendations from a number of people. I gave him a call and he was not available until August :( anyway having asked him what he thought I should do, his advice was to go for an independent person rather than a company as they will take more pride in their work and having had a look around I found Darren. He's not on the ED forum and has a yell listing with recomendations (including mine as he finished painiting my flat on Friday). It looks brilliant, the job is really professional, he was clean, tidy and reliable. Reasonably priced too. If you want pictures them PM me as I know it's hard to tell with these recomendations sometimes, Darrens contact details are on his yell [http://www.yell.com/b/Darrens+Decorating+Service-Painters+and+Decorators-london-SE62BT-901378269/] site or call him on 07879 233900. Happy decorating! Becky x

All, we've just used David from Expert Decorators and he and team were marvellous. He gave us a very quick and reasonable quote and started within a fortnight. They finished a big bedroom (wallpaper, woodwork, door and architrave fitting) within 6 days working late and on Saturday to get the job done for us. He didn't ask for money upfront for materials either as some do. Excellent professional finish so really pleased.

I can also recommend Richard 07894 146615. He recently painted an internal hallway with a very high ceiling to a very good standard. He was efficient (completed in 3 days), tidy (always leaving the place as he found it), reasonably priced and even came back to touch up a part of the wall I wasn't happy with. I'd definitely call on him again for more internal painting.

• 3 weeks later...

I can also recommend Darren (07879 233900). I contacted him last Thursday, he gave me a quote the next day, started work yesterday and completed our ceiling today (Weds) to a very high standard. As well as being speedy and efficient, he was negotiable on price and a thoroughly decent chap. I would certainly use him again.

becibec Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi, having needed some decorating done myself a

> few weeks ago, I came here looking for advice.

> Martin Chandler did seems to have the most

> recomendations from a number of people. I gave him

> a call and he was not available until August :(

> anyway having asked him what he thought I should

> do, his advice was to go for an independent person

> rather than a company as they will take more pride

> in their work and having had a look around I found

> Darren. He's not on the ED forum and has a yell

> listing with recomendations (including mine as he

> finished painiting my flat on Friday). It looks

> brilliant, the job is really professional, he was

> clean, tidy and reliable. Reasonably priced too.

> If you want pictures them PM me as I know it's

> hard to tell with these recomendations sometimes,

> Darrens contact details are on his yell site or

> call him on 07879 233900. Happy decorating! Becky

> x

I contacted David from Expert Decorators after looking through the reviews on this site. We needed him to re-do a job that had been badly done by a previous decorator - hanging some bespoke wallpaper we'd bought. He was quick to come round and quote and really flexible in terms of when he could do the work. He was reasonably priced and most importantly he did an excellent job. He also painted our front door and I was very impressed at how thorough he was with that job. He came round for a second weekday evening to give it another coat even though I didn't think it needed it, all for a fixed price.

I'd definitely use David again. his number is 07513 049 747.

We've now twice used Advanced Painters (contact Brian, mobile 07931 261825) for the exterior decoration of our houses, most recently after a move to Goodrich Road. A previously drab wood-stained finish has now been transformed with a stylish mid-grey. I am the son of painter and decorator and appreciate the attention Brian pays to the preparation of surfaces. We have lots of people who on passing the house ask us about the great colour and how the potential of the house is now being realised.

• 5 months later...