Recommendation for Dave the Cooker man - cooker repair

Tom-C

Big thumbs up for Dave the cooker man who came and at length diagnosed my faults, didnt want to take any money until I insisted, came back again and installed a tricky new cooker for me at a very reasonable price.

Honest, reliable and reasonable. As a landlord that is exactly what Im looking for in people who provide these services.

His website

http://www.pegasusrepair.com

I think he should re-brand as Davethecookerman!

cheers

Tom

Another rec for Dave here - freezer on the blink, not his exact area of expertise but he spent time trying to work out the problem, adjusted the doors, returned later in the day to try something else and then wouldn't take any money because in the end he couldn't solve the problem - I had to insist! Lots of invaluable advice and a thoroughly nice guy. Thanks Dave! Helen :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Dave. I contacted him after finding recommendations here and he managed to fit me in the next day and repair my ceramic hob at a good price. Dave was professional, answered my (no doubt) daft questions and tidied up. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

• 2 weeks later...

If you need a cooker repaired (especially if it's a Smeg model) Dave is your man. By a weird coincidence we reckon it was Dave who fitted our range ten years ago as he worked for the Smeg installation team back then! He's thorough, careful and explains the whole process clearly. He ordered the spare part and even called me on a Sunday to arrange a visit for Monday morning, so i wasn't left waiting around. Reasonably priced and a great bloke. Highly recommended.

http://www.pegasusrepair.com/

I would also highly recommend Dave - came within 24hrs and fixed the oven within 30mins (had parts in the van). He didn't have one of the required parts but said he'd research where he could get hold of it and come back and fix it without charging anymore. Excellent service. Would definitely use again. He also repairs hobs, fridges and freezers

I can only echo what's been said above. Dave came to try and sort out one out of four rings not working on our hob. This was a really unusual problem and he had come back a second time to carry out more tests and speak to Smeg people alot.

After which he recommended (and we agreed) that it would be nearly as cheap to buy a new one.

And as there was no repair all this was FREE - he refused to accept any offer of payment for his time or the two calls. You can't say fairer than that.

• 4 weeks later...
Having read some recommndations for Dave the Cooker repair man I phoned him today and I have to say he is amazing. I have a "fancy french cooker" which is insured with Domestic and General (very efficient and worthwhile) but their contractor said it was unrepairable and they offered me a new cooker. I phoned Dave, who knew exactly what the problem was - it has a funny cut-out switch, which if you dont know the make, you wouldn't know was there. He came over immidiately as he was in the area, and it took him three minutes to fix it. He checked my rings, fixed one that was playing up, and didn't charge me!!!!!!!!! I hope Santa sends him something nice for Christmas!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dave's just left another very happy family.

Our cooker door exploded on Tuesday, we were put on to Dave by the manufacturer, and he was here with the new glass just after lunch today.

Efficient and charming - we can't recommend him enough!

Here's his number: 07506 104882

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Dave is a super star who will do his level best to fit you in as soon as possible when you contact him with a fault. He has very transparent charging rates and is extremely flexible. We've used him on the oven at our house and to fit appliances in our rental property. I can't praise him highly enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I can totally recommend Dave The Cookerman.

His number is: 07506 104882

I had booked him for what was meant to be a simple replacement oven installation. It turned out to be a bit more complicated than that and he solved all the problems along the way. I would use him again in an instant, but he's probably done such a good job, I won't need to see him again!

• 1 month later...

I meant to put this on the board last year, i often just use the board for recommendations and thats mainly what i post, in respect of a good job done. I used dave the cookerman just before christmas, and he went out of his way to get us wired up and cooking before christmas, he stayed till about 9.45 pm to make sure it was all sorted.

We needed a bit of extra work done but it wasnt urgent and he came back after new year, as arranged and fixed that too.

He was super cheap and did an amazing job. cheers