looking for a dog groomer urgently!

Some dogs I know get quite stressed in Dog About Town in Bellenden Rd. And some people say they are 'groomers' when in fact they just clip the fur (sometimes with disastrous consequences.)

My friend had her cocker spaniel done yesterday and she looks stunning and has been groomed to look as she should.

Louise Hildreth is in Herne Hill: 0207 346 8515 / 07709 377192

Try Hair of the Dog in Thornton Heath. Bit further away but she fitted us in very quickly, was lovely to our dog, and did a great job. Most groomers told us we'd have to wait over 2 weeks but this one fitted us in within 2 days

Tel: 07930 186903

34 Grange Pk Rd

Thornton Heath

London

CR7 8QA

Unfortunately I have to take back the recommendation I posted below, after a recent bad experience of her looking after our dog and him coming back very very ill, blood in stools, he was sick, dehydrated And suffered for days after he was returned with no explanation. Costly vet bills. No more weekends away for us!

I second Take Note, Louise Hildreth is amazing. She's looked after my Spaniel whilst we have been on holiday, she is also a dog walker. My dog always comes back much better behaved after a stay! Just booked our dog in for a groom on Thursday and I know she was struggling with availability so may not suit your urgent needs, but give her a buzz anyway.

wow! thank you everyone. Just thought I would let you all know that I went to dog about town cos hadn't seen all these replies and have to say was a bit shocked. All the dogs were barking frantically and I don't think she enjoyed it very much. She is also a King Charles Cavalier and now looks more like a Poodle. Oops! will try louise or Bentleys next time I think.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...