FitFunBootCamp; Peckham Rye Park

We are very excited to announce that FitFunBootCamp has arrived in East Dulwich! The first of our sessions begin Wednesday 12th June on the Peckham Rye Common at 18:40-20:00. We are located next to the Caf? on the Rye, Strakers Road will lead you to the car park. Our outdoor exercise sessions are structured and conducted in such a way that individuals of all fitness levels can take part. Key components include a warm-up, interval training with kettle bells or resistive bands and some fun fitness team games.

Always our atmosphere is friendly, helpful and supportive and you?ll feel right at home among the other participants. A further encouraging factor for the new comer is that we offer a free trial open to anybody who has not yet given FitFunBootCamp a go. We have been running outdoor exercise sessions in Norbury and Streatham for 4 years and are delighted to be able to bring FitFunBootCamp to Dulwich. So tell your friends and family, come on down and find out what all the fuss is about. They?ll have a fantastic workout, experience fun, meet some great people, plus learn some interesting ways to exercise outside of a gym.

For more info please go to www.fitfunactive.co.uk

This is great news - I have been to lots of Darren?s FitFunBootCamps on Streatham Common and would highly recommend them. The sessions are brilliant - inclusive for all, great atmosphere and very effective. And Darren and his team are lovely.

WOOHOO! I started going along to the Streatham fitfunbootcamp to try and lose some weight and get in shape for my wedding and its definitely working. The team are really encouraging and build you up slowly, I was nervous about group exercise but soon realised theres nothing to be afraid of - its fun!

Ace! I've been training with Darren for 18 months now and LOVE the sessions. I've really noticed the physical difference but just as importantly we also have a great laugh. He does a bootcamp in Stretham but it's too far to roll on a Saturday am so really excited aboutr this one.

See you guys tomorrow :-)

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I am very pleased to see such a consistent and eager group of people each Wednesday evening on the Peckham Rye and wanted to spread awareness of our session which takes place each Wednesday.

Still at 18:40-20:00, we meet and conduct the session next to the Caf? on the Rye

First class is free for all new comers.

For more info you can go to www.fitfunactive.co.uk

Thank you and hope you will join us.

Darren Gray

• 1 month later...

Mindful of the fact that we are now heading towards the Autumn and Winter months I want to remind everybody that gate entrance of the park closes earlier as the evening daylight hours change.

As follows:

During September 20:00

October 19:00

November 17:00

Please avoid parking in car park as the park officers are quite punctual with their lock (speaking from experience lol). Parking on Strakers itself is possible, alternatively there are many options on any of the adjacent roads.

See you Wednesday :)

• 2 months later...

Very sad to announce that our evening FitFunBootCamp sessions have now concluded for the year. However, rest assure that we?ll be back again in 2014. In fact we have plans for an additional East Dulwich class date to be added to the timetable as a regular weekly fixture. Day and timings of this particular session are still to be confirmed so please keep an eye out on the website for new class dates and any changes that may be implemented for the 2014 FitFun Season which recommences in February. At this point I?d like to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to everyone who has attended any of the evening sessions throughout the year. Thank you and hope to see many of you in the New Year.

New web address is www.fitfunactive.co.uk

• 3 months later...

We are very excited to announce that we are back on as of Wednesday 2nd of April on the Peckham Rye Common 18:45-20:00.

www.fitfunactive.co.uk

Our newest FitFun session also commences the same week and is on Sundays at 10:00-11:20am. We?d like to welcome you all to this fun, motivational and inclusive outdoor exercise session which is now placed firmly on our timetable of weekly fixtures. Locating us on the park will be easy as we?ll be positioned next to the Caf? on the Rye. This FitFunBootCamp will comprise of two groups to further harness our ethos of ?fitness fun for everyone?. Our trainers are highly experienced and will make sure you are training at the level that is right for you. As always our atmosphere is friendly, helpful and supportive and you?ll feel at home among the other participants. A further encouraging factor for the new comer is that we offer a free trial open to anybody who has not yet given FitFunBootCamp a go. We have been running outdoor exercise sessions in Norbury and Streatham for 5 years and are delighted to be able to bring FitFunBootCamp to Dulwich. So why not spring into outdoor exercise and let?s get fit the FitFun way. You?ll have a fantastic workout, experience fun, meet some great people, plus learn some interesting ways to exercise outside of a gym.

www.fitfunactive.co.uk

I hope you feel encouraged to join us

Thank you

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd add to this thread, I recently started going to the bootcamp sessions held by Darren and his team in Streatham and they are excellent! Really friendly and welcoming.

I've now swapped over to the Peckham Rye groups because they are closer to me, they are also great fun and an intensive (but totally doable) workout. I've always felt a bit intimidated by the on mass outdoor exercise groups before but I can promise this one is great and I recommend it highly.

I went to my first bootcamp session run by FunFit on Peckham Rye last weekend and was very impressed.

Having an intermediate & advanced group gives you a lot of flexibility and although I felt I was pushing myself in the advanced group I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Darren and Marina were very friendly and encouraging. I especially like the fact that the sessions are 1 hour 20 minutes as this means you can warm up properly and then have a full hour to workout.

I would definitely recommend these bootcamp sessions to anyone, even those new to exercise, and I will definitely be returning!

Join FitFunBootCamp and FitFunBoxing at Peckham Rye now!!!!

I have not done any exercise for years and in all honesty, I was very doubtful that I would even try it; however after hearing great stories and encouragement from a friend (who has been at the Streatham sessions), with the added option of a free trial, I took a great leap into the exercise world again and gave it a go!

Two boot camp sessions and one boxing session later, I can honestly say, that Darren and Marina have totally 'nailed it'! I have been made to feel like I can achieve anything, and even in my first session, I was able to pinpoint the encouragement from Darren as the key motivator, which saw me jog for the first time in my life without creasing over with laughter! :)

I vowed I would never sign up to another gym membership and I am pleased to say that I have found the perfect alternative, which is by far delivering a better outcome and has so much more to offer.

Everyone is friendly, you get a buzz and you are encouraged and motivated to exceed your own expectations - the psychological benefits are already showing and I cannot wait to see the physical difference.

Anyway, just come on down and give it a go.....as I said, I have not done any exercise in years but I think I am hooked! :)

Just a reminder that we have 2 different groups on the Sunday bootcamp, one for people who have been exercising regularly and one for people who are just starting and/or are on an intermediate level. Don't be afraid of looking silly or not being able to keep up because everyone is more than welcome to work at their own pace. Plus, no one EVER looks silly while exercising - we all look absolutely awesome no matter how sweaty things may get, no matter how slow you may go, you're still lapping everyone that's at home sitting in the sofa. We all have to start somewhere, remember that. And the more you keep pushing, the better you become. Nothing feels greater than seeing your body go further each time, pushing your own limits and breaking your own barriers.

EVERYONE is welcome to join our FIT FUN. ;)

We did it again. Another awesome FitFun bootcamp session in Peckham Rye. Despite the rain - at least it cooled us all off a little bit - the energy was all the way up there. I guess some of us were looking to burn off the Easter treats... LOL

On that note, HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

• 3 weeks later...

I did my first FitFun bootcamp session in Peckham Rye on Sunday - was brilliant exercising in the park with the sun shining, I had loads of fun! I really felt the session the next day :)

I am already looking forward to this Sunday!

Hi over the last few weeks we've had between 8-15 people attend. When there has been lots of overnight rain we tend to stay off the grass and utilise alternative areas of the park. But the session is always on in all weathers. Id suggest wear extra layers that you can remove as you get warm and if possible non cotton dry fit clothing. No booking system for your first session, simply turn up and have a go.

Hopefully you feel encouraged to join us tomorrow morning.