Welding

tomdhu

I had a welding job done by Michea4th earlier this week and I was super impressed with the result. Hence I want to offer this recommendation.

The job was to repair a cast iron component that had broken into two parts.

Now, most people think that welding metal is a simple task involving proven technology. That is true only in part eg when it involves steel but cast iron welding is much more complex and often has unpredictable results. The results are often disappointing, so many welders fight shy of taking on a cast iron job. I have been long convinced that successful welding of cast iron involves the dark arts.

When I got the component back from Michael, I was delighted as it was impossible to detect where the repair had actually been carried out -so expertly had it been done.

I am a retired qualified engineer and have dealt with many welders over the years and I must admit I was truly impressed with Michael's knowledge of the subject and his professionalism.

I resisted the temptation to delve too deeply into his secrets of welding cast iron - which as some of us know, is a very difficult exercise to get it right. That aside, he has done a super job and I couldn't be more pleased.

On top of that, he did the job on schedule and within the agreed (very reasonable) price. He dressed the weld carefully and returned the component after spraying it with primer.

Michael will certainly be getting all my welding jobs in future.

Tom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to add a belated recommendation to this list. Before Christmas I contacted Michael after seeing recommendations for his work on hear.

My wife who is unwell has a favorite leather reclining chair, unfortunately the metal

Frame had snapped rendering it useless, however after speaking to Michael and describing the problem, he reassured me that he could repair it without any problem.

This he did and after listening to our requirements I have to say the chair came back

Better than new. I would have no hesitation recommending Michael for any welding requirements, he obviously knows his trade.