Renderer & Plasterer

ed_pete

Hi - I've got some efflorescece on my my plasterwork and I believe that what I need is to someone to:

- Remove plaster and cement render back to brickwork

- Re-render with cement with waterproof additive

- Re-plaster with finishing coat

Area to covered is approx 3m x 1.5m.

Any recommendation for someone to carry out this type of work would be much appreciated.

Elliot (Greens Plastering) recently did some work for me, and is about to start another chunk. This included patching up large areas of bare brick (where previous plaster had crumbled away) with bonding plaster, before skimming two rooms. Definitely worth giving them a call.

I would also highly recommend John McCann (07905 044912). John has just finished replastering our whole house (lots of our plaster was blown and crumbling away from the brickwork) and has done a beautiful job (very smooth plasterwork) for a good price in the agreed timescales. John is also a lovely friendly guy who is very happy to take time to explain things fully and help you get round problems.

• 4 months later...

I'm looking for someone to carry out almost exactly the same work as OP, but maybe slightly larger area. Wondered if anyone had any luck with any of the above recommendations and roughly how much the work cost, (realise that price varies depending on area that needs work).

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Micky Lawless. He has just completed similar job to OP.

He did an excellent job and proved himself to be reliable, trustworthy and professional. He provided detailed costings in advance, which seemed reasonable. I was happy to have him in my home and to leave him there alone when necessary.