Fantastic lunch at the Peckham bazaar

sally74

I have just had such an amazing lunch at the Peckham bazaar that I was compelled to write about it. The food food was so extraordinarily good I was blown away. Has anyone else been here? It's down on consort road by the park in sturdy road. It's open Thursday - Sunday nights and Saturday and Sunday days. I went in in the day and it was great, I just wondered if anyone had been at night?

Hello - yes a bit mad not to say anything about the food! I have put the link to the menu below - it's all cooked outside on a bbQ and we just had the food as it came and shared the plates which was really fun. We had wine - a delicious cold red (and then some)

My favourite was - GRILLED OCTOPUS, BRAISED SILVER SKINS, FAVA AND CAPERS. for ?9.50

http://peckhambazaar.com/menu/

It's on the corner of consort road and sturdy road. I'm not sure if it was ever a pub - it used to be a deli and that's how I know it. They have closed that down and set up this restaurant. I was just so amazed to have something so unusual and frankly brilliant so close to home.

ps Peckhampam - it tastes even better than it looks!

Have been there twice now. Once at lunch, once in evening. Food's amazing, and yes Dulwich Fox, it's licensed, and used to be a Deli, although originally, many years ago it was a pub, I think.

It's Peckham's special little secret and the atmosphere is buzzing. This is what Time Out has to say about it:

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/peckham-bazaar

And owner/chef John (and if you're lucky, Bishou the cat) makes everyone feel at home, even if you go alone, as I did the first time. Another local gem that really deserves to do well.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
16.50 for a ribeye steak and 16 for braised shoulder of lamb of THAT making is absolutely fair I think. Compare this with food of equal quality and you'll find it's a competitive rate. Btw, their range of original Balkanese wines is fantastic, had Moldavian red wine last time which blew me away. And in the summer there's outdoor barbecue. Just hope they'll put on Goran Bregovic music one day, would be perfect fit.