Recommendations for a local solicitor

Cassel

• 7 months later...

I had to chase Glazer Delmar a couple of times just to get a quote for conveyancing once.

Unsurprisingly I didnt go with them.

Felt that if they couldn't even get back to me to with a quote, they were either too busy to be bothered or too disorganised/lazy to get it done.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Cheese Board; I found Glazer Delmar slow and fairly unhelpful.

They slightly messed up my conveyancing on my flat and a year and a half later the problem still isn't sorted. The solicitor in question wasn't Caroline though so I can't comment on her work. My advice would be that if the purchase is simple, then they are ok, but if it is complicated either make sure you get Caroline or go elsewhere.

I wouldn't use them again.

I have used the same solicitor for 5 property transactions and would highly recommend, but he's not local: Northampton. But he does a lot of the work via email so I have never found the distance to be an issue (I've only ever bought and sold in London). He's very bright, spots issues and deals with complex transactions well.

So if you're happy with using someone in Northampton, speak to Hassan Shah at SP Law LLP. He's one of the founder partners, the practice is growing well and he does a lot of landlord and tenant and other matters too.