Singing teacher in East Dulwich with vacancies for students.

knittable

Hello Singers!

I am a singing teacher (and professional singer - 3 CDs, Southbank Centre, Ronnie Scott's Club, Royal Albert Hall, etc) living in East Dulwich and I have space for a couple more students. My own training was classical technique with English National Opera soloist Kenneth Woollam, and jazz styling with British jazz singer Claire Martin OBE followed by the British Voice Association approved course Fundamentals of the Singing Voice (Pts 1 & 2). My experience with Ken Woollam, when I believed I had a voice in there somewhere but didn't know how to access it, has informed my approach to teaching. If you know how to practise properly and healthily, and are prepared to put in the time, it's possible for everyone to develop their singing voice. My lessons are usually half technique, half repertoire/performance and I encourage students to have a goal towards which we work - be it overcoming a particular vocal difficulty or getting a set of songs together for performance, recording or pleasure. I also teach sight-singing, separately from voice production. I enjoy hearing my students make progress and expand their vocal horizons. It's not an overnight thing, and usually takes a number of months to put together support, breathing and posture, the three blocks on which good voice production is built, but practice makes perfect definitely applies in this instance. I look forward to hearing from anyone who's interested in working on their voice!