Rohan building company

Allyhope

My husband and I have recently used Paul McGinnity's company Rohan (design and build / creating space) to refurbish our kitchen diner. All I can say is we would not recommend Paul's services to anyone. We found him personally aggressive, confrontational and rude. When it came to providing a breakdown of additional works which we needed to have done it took almost a week for him to provide the additional costings (the work already having been done) and then when we queried some of the more 'exagerated costs' he was very reluctant to provide the breakdown for them. Apparently it's not typical for customers to want to understand exactly what they are paying for!

Whilst the workmen he used were all local lads and produced fairly good work we were let down with a poor final finish despite Paul's repeated initial comments referencing his attention to detail. In fact most of the finishing parts (including some of the plumbing(i use that term loosely) were done by Paul himself. Since they've finished the work we've discovered leaking pipes which weren't attached and fitted properly as well as other smaller points which were repeatedly raised to them through the job. We are now going to have to spend additional money having the final touches done again.

Also worth noting that his company Rohan Creating Space is now actually dissolved so if he's saying he's trading under that it's not true.

If you are after further feedback or are considering using them happy to chat further, please DM me.

• 2 months later...

I second Allyhope's note to avoid Paul McGinnity at Rohan Creating Space/Design & Build at all costs. My boyfriend and I used what we thought was Pauls company (but turns out he's dissolved it more than once) to do a kitchen extension and general refurbishment of our house last year, including replacing/updating the bathroom, installing patio and replacing a staircase.

It all started off very well, he had a very professional approach and couldn't be more helpful. But things began to change dramatically when he started presenting us with bills for huge amounts for 'extras', he became aggressive when we queried about the breakdown of the costs and became even more confrontational when asked why these were not agreed or discussed with us beforehand. The boiler also broke after his team movied it a could of times and we had to get a 3rd party to replace it which caused a delay of a couple of weeks and he wanted to charge us a significant sum (in the ?'000's) for the delay!

As soon as we paid the final instalment, he completely stopped all work and we eventually found out that he had started on other projects in the area. It was a massive oversight on our part to pay the final instalment and we have been left with around ?15,000 worth of work still to be done that we've already paid for. Based on 5 different independent contractor opinions, much of the work that had been done is of a poor standard. We also have leaking pipes, no hot water in the shower, unfinished flooring including loose unvarnished floorboards, unfinished tiling and what tiling has been done is very messy, a leak in the new roof, electrics remain unfinished, no patio, still have the old staircase... the list just goes on and on.

He continues to send aggressive messages 3 months after disappearing from the job and we have now been forced pay to have the work done by other contractors just to make it habitable which we can barely afford.

He is based in Birmingham. Our lesson in all this is to stick to people who are based locally and have a good reputation.

I'm happy to provide more feedback, please PM me if you'd like anymore details.

Hi Allyhope, have you reported Rohan to Trading standards? If not, I highly recommend you do so. Trading standards should be able to help with your complaint, and everybody else, who have had negative dealings with them.

It saddens me when I read about Cowboy builders, however good luck and hopefully you will resolve this matter soon

Name & Registered Office:

ROHAN CREATING SPACE LTD.

60 CARLESS AVENUE

HARBORNE

BIRMINGHAM

WEST MIDLANDS

B17 9BW

Company No. 07536733

Date of Incorporation: 21/02/2011

--------

Name & Registered Office:

ROHAN CREATIVE LIMITED

[same address]

Company No. 07899169

Date of Incorporation: 05/01/2012

-----------------

Directors/company secretaries of both at various times:

Paul Edward McGinnity b. 1955

James Paul McGinnity b.1977

Hazel Margaret McGinnity b.1951

Kelly Louise McGinnity b.1980

James Paul McG was a director at time of dissolution in both cases.

No current directorships found on limited search.

--------

PEM and HMG were director/secretary of Trade Interiors(Midland) Ltd 5/92-2/93

Hazel Margeret (sic) McG was secretary of Zalon Ltd 10/77-5/08

Sarah Hazel McG b.1974 was a director of Zalon Ltd 25/10/07 until its dissolution 29/9/09

James Paul McG was director of JP Support Services (UK) Ltd 3/06-9/08

Kelly Louise McG was its secretary, 3/06 until its dissolution 11/09/2012

stevie23b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i have had the plesure of working for paul

> mcgobshi@e and its made my day he has finally been

> found out .the only way to deal with him is to be

> as aggressive as he is he soon backs down to be fair some people's expectations of a builder can be be 'clouded' they can only work within a budget (your budget) saying that I have no sympathy for builders who ask for money up front .

I can't believe I have seen this!!!!

These guys are shysters. Aggressive, lying, sneaks.

I have personally witnessed them become

Aggressive with customers.

EVERY job they worked on was left on bad terms with the customers.

They owe all of their work men money including myself.

I am personally owed ?4000 from them.

They told me they had dissolved and moved abroad.

I hope to god they are reading this.

Paul and James, you are thieves.

You rip off everyone who comes into contact with you and I hope to see you on cowboy builders some day

• 2 weeks later...
I've worked for both Paul and James mcginnity both in birmingham & London and yet to see a job fully finished; the only thing they all share is the lack of customer satisfaction, they even go as low to rip off and bully the elderly and disabled. I'm still waiting for my last pay check from over 12 months ago... over all they are two peas in a very rotten pod & will continue being misogynistic low-life cowboy tradesmen for as long as they live and tarnish the earth with their dirty worthless existence. Rohan Creating MAYHEM more like.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

this maybe an old topic

but i have had a dealing with these cowboys last year and now we are in court... if there anyone want to attend i will post the date of the hearing here.

i have paid them nearly ?38000 for a work that we agreed it will cost ?42500 and they only did 15% of the work and left the work stealing my windows, and knocking everyone's door telling them i owe them money and thats why they left the place.

mr. Paul is the biggest lair i have met in my life.. i'm so ashamed to see such an old person like him and lies like kids in the school.

they are bullies and aggressive and everything they do is not good, i had to remove all the work they did and re do it again wasting another 30 grand down the drain.

they are now trading under another name and i have all the contact for them

if you want it please contact me and i will submit all the details to you

they are now trading under

MMR Design and build Ltd

60 Carless Avenue

Birmingham

b17 9BW

the company is owned by his son James.

i also know another guy who had them do work for him and again same issue and they still trading and still conning people...

please beware of them and google them

i have also reported them to trading standard and they asked me to bring contacts of other people who had the same issue

scum cowboys

I second this. Paul and James are scum bags, liars and rip offs.

These people give the rest of us honest decent tradesmen a bad name and I have perps ally witnessed them conning and abusing customers and their workers alike, including being ripped off personally.

The owe me ?3500, not a gargantuan sum but for a young guy starting out, which I was back then, it was a crushing ordeal.

They told me they had folded so could not pay what they owed and I would urge anyone who comes accross either of them to immediately call cowboy builders and expose these rats

bakrsm Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> this maybe an old topic

> but i have had a dealing with these cowboys last

> year and now we are in court... if there anyone

> want to attend i will post the date of the hearing

> here.

> i have paid them nearly ?38000 for a work that we

> agreed it will cost ?42500 and they only did 15%

> of the work and left the work stealing my windows,

> and knocking everyone's door telling them i owe

> them money and thats why they left the place.

> mr. Paul is the biggest lair i have met in my

> life.. i'm so ashamed to see such an old person

> like him and lies like kids in the school.

> they are bullies and aggressive and everything

> they do is not good, i had to remove all the work

> they did and re do it again wasting another 30

> grand down the drain.

>

> they are now trading under another name and i have

> all the contact for them

> if you want it please contact me and i will submit

> all the details to you

>

> they are now trading under

> MMR Design and build Ltd

> 60 Carless Avenue

> Birmingham

> b17 9BW

>

> the company is owned by his son James.

>

> i also know another guy who had them do work for

> him and again same issue and they still trading

> and still conning people...

>

> please beware of them and google them

>

> i have also reported them to trading standard and

> they asked me to bring contacts of other people

> who had the same issue

>

> scum cowboys

I am aware of these guys and they were until recently operating as MMR. I can see from Companies House that they are overdue for filing their return. I fully expect that the company will be struck off or wound up very shortly!

Would be good to know when your court date is and which court it is in.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to notify anyone who is interested

I have been contacted by a random person that found me on the internet who has been physically assaulted by these guys and harassed. He is looking for anyone who has witnessed their aggressive behaviour as character statements in court.

They probably have a list of lawsuits as long as long as this thread. Either way. I would be happy to help.

• 2 months later...

Update!!

today i have finished the court with these scumbags cowboy builders.

i have won part of the case and lost the other parts due to the sum of bullshit and lies they say both of them specially the old stupid father of James Mr. Paul

i have successfully won ?3700 out of ?7500

i couldn't compete with them coz everything i say they reply with lies.

the funny thing is that AFTER THE HEARING that old fool came to me asking me to remove what i wrote early here otherwise he will start telling people that i lost the case... he made me laugh out loud

i will update here the picture of the court order once i receive it by post.. but here are quick advises for people who are currently dealing with these scumbags

1- do not have any VARIABLE agreement with them

2- have your schedule or work written in deep details and ask them to sign.

3- deal with the company direct personally and not his company, as they got story of opening companies and closing them down once they get debit on them.

4- do not pay a single penny without a receipt.

5- do not ask them to do extra works unless u agree the price first otherwise you will hit with 1000's of pounds bill for putting a screw in ur door.. and they will say it took 3 days to put the screw.

6- if they bully you (which they will do) call the police for them direct..

7- take pictures of EVERYTHING they do and did daily on several times of day.

8- ask your inspector to inspect their work regularly as they seem that they never finish a job and they don no know how to finish a job, so they do any rubbish work then have a fight with you and leave the job.

9- and final ... DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM AT ALL ... IF YOU SEE THEM KICK THEM OUT OF YOUR HOUSE otherwise you will see them in court.. of you may get few injuries as they are very aggressive when it come to money and they may assault you. specially the old stupid man Paul.

if anyone want me as witness i'm willing to give full witness statements and also provide pictures of the stupid work they did.

there are also few other people that i know who got pictures and who are down by 1000's of pounds and they are taking them to the court.. they have contacted me, and they are going to use my court case as a reference in their case

oh also to add.. Trading Standards already got a file on them, and they will act very soon to banned them fully from any building works.

good luck everyone

i forgot to add..

when they judge ordered him to pay the ?3700 he said he don not have that much to pay, and he live with his mum and dad and they have got nothing.

and in the previous hearing when he wanted the case to be removed from his name to and put in his company name, he said his company bank account is healthy.

• 2 weeks later...