Terry - recommendation for local handy man

themarkedman

Terry did a range of jobs for us, including adjusting a front door that was getting stuck and some external repairs which included plastering and painting. He is reliable, friendly and very competent - and his work has stood the test of time too!

Terry`s contact details are: 07717 572036

Do not in any circumstances use this man or his brother. He did a shockingly bad job in my flat, said he would come back to make good and has never been seen or heard of again. Cowboy isn't the word.

He was meant to paint and repair three windows in my flat. A relatively straightforward job that I spent a while taking him through and agreeing the sort of finish that I was looking for. He has no idea what he is doing, the finish was beyond appalling, he'd used too much gloss which looks like he put on with a spoon, one window now leaks, all the windows stick, he's broken two window panes. I could go on. Just the worst workmanship I've ever seen. A complete bodge job.

Rest assured if I could take him to the small claims court I would as I am now going to have to pay someone to come and completely redo his pathetic efforts. He is not trustworthy or honest. Stay clear of Terry Clark of Clark Handyman Services.

Crustloaf

I have seen the work that was undertaken by Terry and his brother. They have done everything that was asked of them to a high standard. You seem like a person that it would be impossible to please no matter what has been done. You asked them to redo all the work that has been done which seems unfair to me, as I said I have seen pictures of the work and I would of been happy with it. I know these people very well and they are not the type of person to leave a job unfinished or to work to a low standard. To others out there, I would recommend Terry to all except those that are never pleased unless moaning about something.

I am as entitled to my opinion as Terry is to his and I would thank you not to send me private messages to this effect.

Wanting a job done properly and being unhappy when it isn?t does not put me in the category of being a moaner. We agreed a standard of work and he certainly talked a good talk. It was a shame he didn't deliver. Terry agreed to come back and rectify the bits that we weren't happy with. He then stopped returning our calls. I think therefore that I have every right to be unhappy and share this unhappiness with others who may be thinking of using him. This is the point of the forum and I?m not the only person on here that has had an issue with him. He can still put it right, perhaps as you are such good mates you might pass this on to him? And it says more about you than it does about me if you would be happy with that standard of work and two broken windows!!

My name is Steven Berman of ryedale Dulwich I am a freelance accountant

And I would like to voice my own opion of this accusation. I have known Terry for around Two years the first time I hired him he came and hung some pictures put some shelves up and build some flat pack furniture from john lewis department store.

Upon meeting Terry I found him to be very hard working very polite and eager to please.

Over the Two years I have known Terry I have hired him to complete many of tasks that I just do not have the time or skills to do myself from building garden a shed to painting my hallway and living room Terry has fitted bath taps and kitchen taps laid brand new engined flooring and for me along with a mass of other things. I have got to know this gentleman very well and respect him he is a very hard worker and can be totally trusted in my home alone the days I am at the office I hand him a key and he just gets on with what I've asked him to do never moans or grumbles and always stays in contact with me letting me know whats what.

I have not yet spoken with Terry but knowing him I am sure there is a good explanation for the messages left by krustyloaf

I am posting this defence for Terry as he is a friend and dose not have a ad on the forum. Please do not judge people on what someone else has written about them.

And yet you are asking people to judge him by what you have written?? People have the right to make their own opinion up based on a wide source of information, I am merely one piece of this jigsaw.

Bottom line, he didn't do a good job, he said he'd fix it because he acknowledged he hadn't done a good job, he hasn't. I'm not sure what good explanation he can possibly have but I'm very happy to hear it.

I have also used Terry - he is polite and trustworthy and will always make an effort to fit you in if there is something you feel is urgent. I generally give him a list of fiddly jobs which I haven't got round to and he is very happy to do them and works to a high standard.

I have used him on two separate occasions (one of which was yesterday!) and have never had any reason to be anythin other than pleased; I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

I also had a bad experience, which I have posted about on here, and several other forum users contacted me to say they had had similar experiences.

Unfortunately, in this sort of trade, you can't expect to get your business via word of mouth/Internet but not exect it to get around when you rip some people off.m

steven-b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> I am posting this defence for Terry as he is a

> friend and dose not have a ad on the forum. Please

> do not judge people on what someone else has

> written about them.

Terry is happy enough to try con people by posting fake recommendations from himself (which I presume is the reason he is no longer allowed to have an ad) but not so happy when those he has ripped off use the forum to warn others off.

There are much better and reliable handymen about -007 handymen, for instance, came and sorted out the mess Terry made of our flat (door fitted with huge gap, wonky skirting boards, windows painted shut and paint all over the glass, amongst other things)

• 2 weeks later...

As I have said before I've used terry on so many occasions and have never been unhappy with him or his work this Saturday I had Terry fit 3 new lights two in the hallway and another in the bedroom terry was also able to put up 4 new sleeves in the living room and fill the holes from where the old shelves used to hang I have also booked Terry to come back just before Christmas to fit a few new blinds I have on order.

Can't recommend him high enough he's a great guy and his number is 07717572036

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

steven-b Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My name is Steven Berman of ryedale Dulwich I am a

> freelance accountant

> And I would like to voice my own opion of this

> accusation. I have known Terry for around Two

> years the first time I hired him he came and hung

> some pictures put some shelves up and build some

> flat pack furniture from john lewis department

> store.

> Upon meeting Terry I found him to be very hard

> working very polite and eager to please.

> Over the Two years I have known Terry I have hired

> him to complete many of tasks that I just do not

> have the time or skills to do myself from building

> garden a shed to painting my hallway and living

> room Terry has fitted bath taps and kitchen taps

> laid brand new engined flooring and for me along

> with a mass of other things. I have got to know

> this gentleman very well and respect him he is a

> very hard worker and can be totally trusted in my

> home alone the days I am at the office I hand him

> a key and he just gets on with what I've asked him

> to do never moans or grumbles and always stays in

> contact with me letting me know whats what.

> I have not yet spoken with Terry but knowing him I

> am sure there is a good explanation for the

> messages left by krustyloaf

>

> I am posting this defence for Terry as he is a

> friend and dose not have a ad on the forum. Please

> do not judge people on what someone else has

> written about them.

Are you the same Steven b who ousts on other forums, as a handyman, and coincidentally has the exact same mobile no as terry himself? http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/do-you-need-a-handyman.316840/

Amazing coincidence

You must think people are so stupid, terry

Just to quote Steven b's posting on urban 75

'hi there my name is steven and i offer a fantastic handyman service including decorating plumbing carpentry handing pictures and curtains to fitting kitchen units and building flat packs and much much more also including a pressure washing service so please feel free to contact me on 02077325481 or 07717572036'

http://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/do-you-need-a-handyman.316840/

I would say that Terry's habit of posting fake recommendations for himself, or calling himself by another name, should be all that edf members need to know about him

No honest trades person needs to behave so fraudulently

This is just a smokescreen to cover the fact he is a rip off merchant and has been found out

• 1 month later...