Sorsi & Morsi

Trish

I had no idea we had such a great little Sicilian restaurant lurking down Lordship Lane until last night when we enjoyed the best pizza I've ever eaten outside of Italy, and homemade pasta all washed down with some particularly fine sicilian wine.

Just so you know, I have no connection with the owners of this gaff but I do visit Sicily regularly, primarily for the wonderful food and wine and am constantly disappointed by the sorry excuse of italian restaurants you so often find in the UK. But this place is really special.

Apparently they are going to change the seating so it's more comfortable as the interior has been the same since it housed Chopsticks and benches don't make for the best dining experience.

Try it out and enjoy! It kicks the ass of Firezza (and they do take outs with deliveries planned for the future).

• 2 weeks later...

The terrace was ace this year as well. Think I've said before but a different space to anywhere else around

I was in there tonight for some takeout after a long day with the kids. Couple of things to note:

1). As I was ordering I saw the specials menu. I nearly called home to tell the family to fend for themselves. Some serious cooking going on in that kitchen if it tastes as good as it reads

2). Pizzas came with some homemade focaccia. Mrs strafer doesn't like focaccia but she felt obliged to nibble. 2 minutes later it was all gone. She called it "beautiful". This is unprecedented!

3). Had an il mirto pizza recently and found it to be as good as ever. But the pizzas from sorsi morsi were the best I've had in a long time. The base was perfect... Think gowlett with the over crispy toned down.

I rang them back to compliment them. I never do that

Oh and they will be delivering soon too

I enjoy their pizza's too. Sadly on 2 occasions when we have ordered a take out both times they have been stone cold, hubby did phone and let them know. I'm reluctant now to do a take out with them as I did give them a time that I would pick them up but looks like they made them once I called so therefore half an hour later they will be stone cold.

Please sort it!

Dear Supermum,

I am sorry to hearing this complain however every time that a customer call we give him/her 15 minutes time or otherwise if we are really busy more .... in both cases piazzas and pastas are prepared 5 minutes before that the time lapse in order to make sure that when you reach home you get at least "still" your pizza warm. Are you leaving near Sorsi & Morsi? Was it really cold outside? Our boxes are the standard boxes .....let me know

Stefania

• 4 weeks later...
I agree with all the positive comments! I am Italian and I feel I have to endorse this place! I took my husband there on Tuesday for his birthday with my in-laws (English) and we all loved the food. I had the carpaccio and it was lovely, hubby had the pizza and I tried it too, delicious, perfect base that doesn't get soggy, hooray! Well done and good luck

• 4 weeks later...