Verruca- ridden child--- can you recommend a chiropodist?

crescent

We used carpet tape - that black very sticky tape - left it on for a few days and then when manky replaced it with a new piece. It did take 3-4 weeks but eventually the whole thing just came off and has not returned. Pain free - would definitely recommend this. I have even heard that some clinical research has been done on this now so it is pucker - something to do with the chemical in the tape - but you must persist!

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

Hi,

After reading this post I booked my 5 year old for an assessment, thinking they would freeze it off!

But no, lets be clear dulwich podiatry will not use chemicals or freezing in such a young child.

So I have just paid 64 quid for a consultation and a herbal remedy and advice about keeping on keeping a plaster. It seems that there are no short cuts! time, plasters, duct tape or banana skins

I did try to clarify my expectations with the receptionist before booking, but somehow I booked thinking that my daughter would have the verrucca killed.

Anyway, lesson learned!

• 3 weeks later...
we took my teenage daughter to Mr Jefferson on Rye lane last week from an ed forum recommendation. Her verucca was very painful- mainly from her chemist attempts to burn it off. He scraped and chiselled everything down so she was comfortable. It is up to her now whether she wants to go back to get it removed as it could resolve itself eventually. He was very gentle and reassuring and saw us at short notice.

• 3 months later...

Bananas for veruccas - well, this is why I just love the forum! I get a remedy for my 4 year old's horrid verruca that won't go and she screams when I touch it (even gently). AND a use for all those bananas they get through!!!

Hoping this works as nothing else has - have been trying for months and last night tried the freezing stick but she wouldn't let me leave it on for 10 seconds let alone the 30 you need to. Will report back!