Superb Locksmith

Mr Magpie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Another recommendation for Alan (All Locked Out). I rang him with a problem with my front door lock and he talked me through fixing it without needing a locksmith. The next day he called to say he was near me and would I like him to pop round to give me a hand, no charge. Really lovely man and knows his stuff. 07870 199 771.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to add my recommendation to what ruffers has said above. Alan was great, turned up as promised etc, but he also made sure I had a way to get in and out of the house when he needed to go and get a part, and that I was comfortable and safe in the house on my own, despite the broken door. Noticed and appreciated.

Siduhe (who is also known as Mrs ruffers)

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to highly recommend Alan. He is a lovely guy and did an excellent job; managed to fix the lock without having to fit a new one and was honest and upfront about everything. Really good value and I will definitely use him again for any lock related problems!

Thanks Alan!

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to the long list of recommendations for Alan.

My locks needed changing over a week ago after daughter's bag was stolen; he was on holiday - Because of the high praise here on the EDF I chose to await his return. (He did try to give me details of locksmiths who were available during his absence). Definitely worth waiting for. Supremely efficient, friendly, kept me informed of all stages and the bill at the end was considerably lower than I anticipated. Would use again and recommend without hesitation.

• 1 month later...
I'm also adding to the long list of satisfied customers. After calling this morning, Alan came round - despite having other jobs away from the area - this afternoon to change my Yale and deadlock. He tried a repair before replacing the deadlock and stayed quite some time to make sure the job was all done properly. Friendly, efficient and the bill was lower than anticipated. Highly recommended

Alan came round to replace our rather flimsy Yale lock today and, as affirmed by many reviews on the forum, he is genuinely wonderful. He gave good advice, was friendly, professional and honest. Really couldn't ask for more. Thank you, Alan.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok - wow! I have to agree with eveyone above and thank you all for your recommendation.

I just checked out the forum about 2 hours ago as my lock was not working, called Alan (07870 199 771), texted him a picture of the lock, got a quote immediately, and he was here within 30 minutes and replaced the lock just 5 minutes ago. Great guy, and great service. Definitely recommend to anyone.

Apparently he covers all of London, not just East Dulwich.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add my recommendation too. A superb locksmith. Alan was very helpful, friendly and efficient. He came today 5/12/2014 and did a fantastic job. He was very reasonable. I agree with all the previous messages. Thanks Alan and thank you East Dulwich Forum. He is also on Check A trade.

Alan 07870 199 771.

• 4 weeks later...

Another recommendation from us. We had a few locks that weren't installed properly and we wanted sorted before we went away for Xmas. Alan came around the next day, sorted out the locks and even planed our gate as it wouldn't open properly to the weather.

Nice, trustworthy bloke with very reasonable pricing.

Alan 07870199771

We can also report a superb service for the locks Alan installed for our beer shop. We called him thanks to the recommendations for him on this forum and were not disappointed - lovely chap, prompt service and good prices. Top bloke!

• 1 month later...

Another recommendation for Alan

Needed lock on bathroom UPVC window fixed

Super prompt, efficient and friendly. He even threw in a free handle as the screw cappings were missing from mine.

Highly recommend and would call him again without hesitation if any similar work needed.

Well done Alan and thanks a lot.

Lyndsey

I'd also like to recommend Alan. I tried using Which? Local to find someone but found the recommendations to be out of date, and the coverage for SE London wasn't great. EDF isn't always perfect for recommendations, but I found Alan's details on here and was very pleased.

He changed both front door locks after I had recently moved. He pointed out, very helpfully, that neither lock was "British standard" and therefore the average contents insurance policy would be void for me or any of my neighbours. He was very keen to point out he wasn't up-selling and offered to check my insurance policy, but I completely trust that he was telling the truth. He suggested the cheapest/ best way for me to meet insurance standards.

Once he had the lock he came back, agreed a price up front, stuck to it, did the work efficiently and cleaned up after himself. Also a really nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...
Another shout-out for Alan from All Locked Out (07870 199 771). He turned up promptly in an emergency, installed new locks perfectly, and also provided some very helpful general advice on locks and home security, all at a reasonable price. What an expert and real professional. I can't recommend him highly enough.