Builder recommendation for full refurb & extension

bramblejames

Hi ? we have just moved to East Dulwich and have a house in need of full refurbishment.

We have plans drawn up and a full scope of works to go with these. We are looking for recommendations for a good outfit to commence works in mid/end of January 2014 to undertake the following:

- Kitchen extension (including structural RSJ work)

- Removal of chimney breast

- Kitchen installation

- Bathroom installation

- Flooring and Carpeting throughout

- Electrical re-wring

- Window installation and dormer works

- Roof repairs

Recommendations of reliable and competitive teams would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

I live on Silvester Road next-door but one to the sorting office and have just had a loft conversion. I used a great builder, Michael Piludu ([email protected]/07956 528 763) who did all that you've listed above bar carpeting. His prices were extremely competitive and he's also thrown in a few changes that I requested half way through the project at very little extra cost.

The architect that I used got some huge things wrong which I only realised at the last minute when building control wouldn't sign off the work (which had already commenced). It could have been a huge stress but Michael and his team just presented me with new options and dealt with the problems really well.

I'm so pleased with the work that they've done I'll definitely be using them for a rear extension when I've saved some cash. Stop by at any time if you'd like a nosey, I'm number 53!

Ce

I recommend Patrick P&T and his partner!

I have very high expectations and standards and given this I wanted the best.

Whilst meeting with builders to initially discuss the project I was immediately impressed with Patrick's attitude and his understanding of the standard of finish we wanted to achieve. The work has been exceptionally well managed, with a friendly and skillful team that shows a genuine desire to produce the very best work. They have undertaken the entire work with a level of competency and absolute commitment that is truly outstanding.

His phone number is 07901841265

Best of luck!

Strange how on the west dulwich forum P&t joined up the same date and within 20mins of you.

JessyFitnessTrainer Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I recommend Patrick P&T and his partner!

>

> I have very high expectations and standards and

> given this I wanted the best.

>

> Whilst meeting with builders to initially discuss

> the project I was immediately impressed with

> Patrick's attitude and his understanding of the

> standard of finish we wanted to achieve. The work

> has been exceptionally well managed, with a

> friendly and skillful team that shows a genuine

> desire to produce the very best work. They have

> undertaken the entire work with a level of

> competency and absolute commitment that is truly

> outstanding.

>

> His phone number is 07901841265

>

> Best of luck!

Excuse me I've been on this forum for a while if u go and search for fitness trainer u will see!!! I changed my user name coz I've forgotten my login details also deleted my email account then so I had to create a new account on this forum....

I simply left a recommendation for builders we used a few months ago...

So please leave those rude comments!!!!

We used a company called Valdex for exactly the same type and scope of work you're planning to undertake. I can not reccomend them highly enough. We were (and still are) complete novices to the re-furb game but these guys were very patient throughout. Quite happy for you to have a look at the work they've done at our house if you'd like to see what they've done.

We did lots of things wrong during this project but thankfully picking good builders wasn't one of them...

Hi Bramblejames I used Mc Govern Design and Build on my Buy to let, a while ago, and I highly recommend them. They refurbished my kitchen and Bathroom and gave me sound advice re the project, that saved me lots of money.

Steven and the team are great to work with and are local.

Mc Govern Office 0208 432 2247

Dear Edmumma, we didnt ran off with your money!!!! My partner had to go to hospital that day we suppose to start the work... So I came over and said we'll start tomorrow morning instead. All you said is you gonna call the police and send us to court... so please be realistic!!!! We spoken to you to start the work Saturday morning but you didnt get back to us.

All my clients I do some work are happy and I m not a scam at all!!!! So please be at least honest at tell the truth instead of putting such a rude comment into the forum!!!

Thanks

I would highly recommend Harry Davis of HD Construction. He built us an extension in our first lower ground flat on Underhill Road and earlier this year renovated top to toe our mid-terrace victorian on Whateley Road. Very good indeed and we'll hopefully be using him for our loft conversion in the Spring. Only issue might be whether he can fit you in at such short notice. Happy to show your our place if you make contact with him. Both our builder and our friend now.

Mobile is 07731 305785 although he is a bit of a dinosaur with technology!

Good luck.

• 7 months later...
Hi, just wanted to say that we went with Ron70's recommended builders (above) Valdex and they were very good, glad we chose them. Happy to show their work if you are considering them as the detail is very good and they did everything from gutting and redoing 2 bathrooms; underfloor heating; new boiler; flooring; new walls; new kitchen; moved gas pipes; new water pipes from mains; new electrics; decorationg etc.

• 3 years later...