Chimney sweep recommendations

Ruskin

It doesn't take long about45 mins? It depends on how regulary you get it sweept, I can't remember how long it took him when we opened up the fireplace, it obviously hadn't been swept for decades but I'm sure it didn't take him long. It's ?45 each if you have more than one done so I sometimes team up with a neighbour.

I can also recommend Aardvark Sweeps. Polite, reliable and also absolutely meticulous about leaving everything clean and tidy.

They also fitted a carbon monoxide alarm for me, which I thought was a great extra service.

There number is 07523938035 or www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk.

They charged me ?55 for my open fire.

Mary

Hi Ruskin,

We are a local business, just over the East Dulwich border in Nunhead. Just to let you know that we do have some slots available for next week. We are members of the Institute of Chimney Sweeps, can offer advice on any issues relating to the reinstatement of your flue, we will check that the chimney pots, stack and any cowls are appropriate to your intended usage, sweep the chimney and conduct a smoke test to ensure there is an adequate draw. When this is done we will supply you with a certificate. Basic fee for this is ?55. Please call if you would like to discuss further.

Regards

Gary at Aardvark Sweeps 07523 938 035

Well we eventually opted for Aardvark and they just came over but saw that our stacks are covered with cowlings so until they're lifted off, the flue can't be swept.

More to the point, Gary from Aardvark was most helpful, telling us about our gas-converted grate before leaving empty-handed which says a lot about his service.

Thanks to all for the previous recommendations.

• 4 weeks later...
Another very happy customer of Alan from 123 Chimney Sweeps. As everyone else has said, he is a lovely guy and really took the time to check the chimney inside and out, not to mention leaving the fireplace beautifully tidy. Heartily recommend using him.

I'd like to add to the recommendations for Alan from 123 Chimney Sweeps. Really nice guy, very professional, great job and even helped me with an incompetent delivery man who happened to arrive while he was here. Thanks Alan!

Great service - prompt, efficient, courteous, reasonably priced, conveniently timed - from Alan at 1,2,3 Chimney Sweeps today. Great to see a family business that's been around so long still thriving. I would highly recommend Alan.

I had the guys from Aardvark round today to do two chimneys.

It doesn't seem they have been swept for decades and to say it was a bit of a job is an understatement.

They did a great job and managed to unblock both of the fireplaces never giving up and managed to remove the mountain of dust and soot that cme down without leaving a trace.

So I can add my recommendation to these guys and will definatley use them again.

Gary at Aardvark

07523 938 035

Being new to the area and not really knowing who to ask for recommendations, EDF was my first stop when looking for a chimney sweep. After scanning the recs on here, it was toss up between Alan at 123 and Aardvark. I went for Aardvark mainly because of the recommendations but also because they seem to be the only locally based Chimney Sweeping business.

I have to say that they were actually as good as people say! I won't rehash all the plaudits, but needless to say thoroughly decent guys who know what they are doing and do it extremely well at a cost of ?55 - anyway five stars from me!

• 2 weeks later...

Just had my chimney swept after 6 years (well at least that's when we moved in). did a great job: clean, efficient and now will be regular sweeps once a year.

They were also really helpful with missing tiles and quoted a really good price for sorting this out.

So Aardvark Sweeps get five stars from me too.

And they are on email the whole time which is great for organizing visiting times: [email protected]

Breakoutkid Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I can also recommend Aardvark Sweeps. Polite,

> reliable and also absolutely meticulous about

> leaving everything clean and tidy.

> They also fitted a carbon monoxide alarm for me,

> which I thought was a great extra service.

>

> There number is 07523938035 or

> www.aardvarksweeps.co.uk.

>

> They charged me ?55 for my open fire.

>

> Mary

Would also recommend :) plus they are joining www.livelovelocal.net shortly so get your card and check the site for discounts for locals!

• 1 month later...
I'd recommend Alan from 123 chimney sweeps. It's a family business they've been running for years and he thoroughly knows his stuff. Reliable friendly and no mess. Took time to discuss questions and queries I had. Child and dog friendly. Not sure what else you could want from your chimney sweep!! Brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...