best dentist local .. peoples experiences and views please

dulwichgourmet

I would recommend the practice on Townley road as well, i've been going there for years. They did me a very solid root canal and crown a few years ago and it was very good work and not massively expensive (i got the root canal work done privately but the crown was done on the NHS)

2nd opinion for the Gardens - I moved there after being with the East Dulwich practice on Forest Hill road (got tired of seeing a different and relatively young dentist each time.) I'm NHS with The Gardens but to have your teeth cleaned you nee to make a separate appointment with the hyngenist which isn't NHS. Howver, their dental hygenist is really good and helped me sort out a better clearning practice (having never had cavities in the past I got pretty lazy) which will probably prevent lots of problems in the future. Not sure if they are taking on NHS clients still though....

I go to East Dilwich surgery { Forest Hill Road} and I see Dr Laleh as my dentist. I recommend her to anyone i know as she has saved couple of my teeth with NHS prices which other dentists just gave the option of pulling them out. She is truely kind and skilled.

I also go to East Dulwich Surgery Forest Hill Road and see Dr Laleh

She is the BEST!!

I used to have to go to St Georges in Tooting as my nerves were so awful when visiting the dentist

She is patient kind has saved 3 teeth aand also very rerasonably priced

I highly recommend her and I have endless experience with a multitude of dentists in South London

Out of 11 she is definitely number 1

I've just come back from my second ever appointment at East Dulwich Surgery, the first time was amazing. I had Orla who is no longer there :( she gave me the best clean, hygienist grade! So I thought I'd return thinking I'd get a matched service.

I am honestly quite a patient person and it takes a lot to get me to have to take the time out to complain but on this occasion I think I will as I've read other people's negative comments and I actually had a similar experience and I ended up having an awkward moment with the nurse! The moral of the story is that I'm not going back but if you want specifics, please read on!

I arrived at my appointment on time, the receptionist asked me if I paid for my appointments which I do so I had to fill in a form. I sit down and wait my turn.

7 minutes go by and the dentist is still busy (no big deal, it's to be expected) and the receptionist asks if I can then fill out another medical form. So I start filling out this form, I'm about 4 questions away from being done when my name is called. So I get up, forms in hand and start making my way to the dentist. I ask the nurse what to do with the form and she then begins to say "well this is why you need to...well... just quickly finish it, we are waiting for you..."

I'm thinking Er...by my watch you're ten minutes late. I'm a bit annoyed already by this nurse's tone as she's quite clearly irritated and is making me feel like I'm some kind of inconvenience when I've been sat waiting for them not the other way around. I start to move forward to enter the room because then I think, screw it if she's in a rush I'll just finish it afterwards. I hand her the unfinished form and she says "We can't do it until you've finished the form". The way she was asking was really quite impatient and rude and I had given no reason for her to be so shirty!

So I quickly finish this form and firmly say "I arrived on time so I really don't quite understand why you're being angry with me?" Then the she was all "no I'm not being angry with you" p's and q's etc. It just left a really awkward negative energy in the room, and seeing as this woman now has to hoover my saliva up with an oral vacuum it's quite uncomfortable to have bad energy for such an intrusive procedure!

Anyway, moving on the dentist was lovely, really really nice. Her manner and temperament was great. I was left feeling a little more relieved by the whole experience. (theres about this though...)

I then finish up and go to pay.

I'm stood there for 2 minutes whilst one lady is attending to another patient and the other one on the computer doing something. The other lady finishes off with her patient and then starts talking to the other receptionist and then uses the phone. I'm literally stood in silence for another minute waiting for this lady to look up from the computer, so I put my papers on the desk. Some more time goes by when she just reaches up and grabs the paper, puts the payment through and that's that.

RUDE! a) Why did you keep me waiting? and b)No apology for doing so

I get back home to have a look at my new sparkling smile...and WAH WAH WAH....FAIL.

I wanted this dentist to be worth all of that B.S, but I was left feeling very disappointed. I have pretty good teeth it wasn't like I was asking for a miracle. Just the usual up keep, stain removal etc! So to see that the scale and polish I paid for looked no better than an electric toothbrush job I was quite deflated.

So all in all...I'm still looking for a new dentist.

I ended up going to smile@se22 on north cross road . My teeth where stained and it a horrid way . I was embarrassed by them. The dentist was firm but true the nurse was lovely and supportive as she could tell I was petrified. My front tooth has been filled and some more work to be done . But yes wow my teeth are very white and a good job! They were yellow/brown before and was thinking of dentures but they have gone over parr with this !! I'm very happy and confident now. I reccomend this place and surprised no one has mentioned them.

I also go to Townley Road Dental practice SE22, I've been going there for years. All the staff and dentists are friendly and professional and treatment is (usually) pain free. I have had extractions, crowns, root canal treatment, fillings and a permenant bridge and see the hygienist every few months. I was never a fan of going to the dentist but happy to go here.

Hubby and I are registered with SMILE in NXRd. Hubby broke his crown and went to have a replacement, they offered to do it privately for over ?1000 but hubby said no way he could not afford that, he has to pay either ?240 or ?280. He went for a 2nd appointment and again they tried to pressurise him into going private. Why don't dentist insure their work - around 18 months ago hubby was advised to have a plate with one tooth as a prominent gap in his front teeth, after several visits and hundreds of ?s lighter got plate, wore it a couple of times - kept falling out as not fitting properly, went back to dentist who offered to make another plate for another few hundred. Hubby did not bother. I paid ?40 for a filling, no hygiene clean offered, within 4 days filling broke off. Have not been back since. I asked if they did late appointments and was offered 5.30 - since I do not finish work until after 6, no use to me.