AGS Refrigeration - fridge repair, fridgefreezer, freezer repairs

Glenagsrefrigeration

I have lived in the Dulwich area for over 35 years and have 15 years experience working on behalf on major manufacturers in both domestic and commercial fridge repairs. I'm NVQ/City@Guilds certified and qualified in the safe handling of refrigerants.  Tel 07723019161 http://www.agsrefrigeration.co.uk

Edited by Glenagsrefrigeration

I got Glen Scotland's number from the forum and he came and fixed my freezer yesterday. He was courteous, highly knowledgeable and efficient. It's an American fridge-freezer, he knew the model and got to the bottom of the problem pretty quickly. He had the right parts with him and fixed it there and then. Highly recommended. Thanks Glen.

We had exactly the same level of service from Glen as 'skylorikeet' above. Glen came out the same day I called him and fixed the fridge/freezer there and then. He even called the next day to make sure that everything was working as it should. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

• 3 weeks later...
i would recommend Glen too. He came round within an hour of me calling him and went over my fridge/freezer thoroughly to establish what was wrong. He's given me some very sound advice too about what I need to do next. Great service. thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Woke up to a warm fridge this morning so called Glen off the back of these reviews. It was a gamble as it could have been the compressor (which would have meant a new fridge) and we'd have still had to pay the ?60 call out but Glen suspected the thermostat on the phone, came out, diagnosed it, replaced it and our 15 year old British-built Hotpoint is back up and running for ?80 instead of having to fork out ?500 on a new one as we feared. Friendly, honest guy. Great service. ?80.

• 1 month later...

My aunt's fridge freezer compartment was not freezing food as normal and the fridge itself was indicating a freezer fault on its thermostat display.

I called Glen and after explaining the problem and answering his questions - he told me it was either the compressor or the fan with this particular make and model of fridge. He was completely upfront by stating that if the compressor was faulty - it was simply not economical to repair - based on the age of the fridge and we'd be better off buying a new fridge/freezer. He said he could come and check to confirm - but there would be a call-out fee of ?60.

We took the gamble and agreed for him to come and check. Unfortunately - it turned out it was the compressor :-( at least we now know!

Glen was friendly, honest and gave us some good tips about choosing a new fridge/freezer and also how to check it to ensure it's working properly after delivery. While we did not get the result we wanted - I would definitely call him again if we have any future problems and would recommend him to others too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Big thank you to Glen for fixing our fridge/freezer .... He came round on a Saturday within an hour of us calling him ... Fixed it within in an hour and was lovely explaining what had actually gone wrong and what to avoid doing in the future... Really great service ... Would definitely recommend! Sally

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We had an annoying recurring problem with our Samsung fridge-freezer, sheet of ice building up under the bottom drawer. We called Glen after reading above reviews. Glen understood the problem over the phone and quoted us a fixed ?70 for callout/labour no matter how long the repair takes, with extra charge for any replacement parts required. We booked him and he did not disappoint. Showed up on time, had a look, explained the problem (very experienced and knowledgeable), had the replacement parts required and fixed it promptly. Recommend Glen if you're looking for a solid, fast, reliable and local service.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Had problem with fridge freezer and not sure if it could be repaired or if I would have to bite bullet and buy new appliance. Spoke to Glen and explained what had happened, he thought it was the control panel from the description and gave me details of his call out charge and idea of what the part would be. Decided to gamble and get him out. He came out on the day I called him, confirmed it was the control panel, had to order the part,came back and fitted new part. Delighted. Highly recommend him - clear communication, turns up as promised and does what he says he is going to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I too can recommend Glen. The fridge half of our fridge/freezer wasn't working. Glen came promptly, identified the problem and ordered a new thermostat. He returned a few days later to fit the part. All now working well, and much cheaper than a new fridge/freezer!

• 2 months later...
Last weekend (bank holiday) our fridge freezer packed up. Thanks to the EDF we found Glen's website and gave him a call. He answered immediately and was able to diagnose the problem over the phone. He promised to call first thing on the bank holiday Monday to arrange a time to come over and repair the fridge.He stuck to his word and called and came over as arranged. We now have a working fridge freezer. We would highly recommend Glen.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The fridge side of our Americian style fridge freezer wasn't working, rang Glen from AGS Fridge Refridgeration and he explained what the possible causes could be, he came out to to look at the fridge and he was excellent and knew exactly what was wrong and explained it to me so that I knew what he was doing.I now have a trouble free fridge freezer and I'm a happy customer.

• 4 months later...
Another recommendation for Glen great and knowledgeable in fixing my samsung fridge freezer especially after another well known company who said it could not be fix and that we had a so called gas leak without even looking at it. Glen attended and found and fix the problem in less than 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Our american fridge had packed up and i called the manufacturer who said they would get back to us and that it could be a couple of days before they could get someone out to us. Was in a bit of a panic, found Glen's details on the forum was also later surprise to find out when the manufacturer called back that he was one of their authorised engineers. He came out and repaired our side by side fridge. The fault was diagnosed very quickly and the primary caused dealt with on the spot. I was given good advise and what to do and look out for in the future if the fridge starts to malfunction. Excellent and efficient service.