tomlinsons

89 Dulwich Village, SE21 7BJ, 020 8299 1260

See attached Dulwich Map to find us.

Visit us at

www.rigbyandmac.com

rigby & mac

three eclectic stores, one unique experience

• 7 months later...

Hi Dan, little bit of feedback for you. I think it is very disappointing that your ed store on North Cross Road doesn't offer refunds (except where items are faulty etc). I bought my husband a sweater and it didn't fit. Your store had run out of the right size, so I asked for a refund. Not possible, I'm told. Credit note only.

I understand that you might think that you make more money that way - people shopping for gifts as surely most of your customers are doing will often get the wrong size - as you catch them out by not allowing them a refund.

But I think it's really shortsighted and money-grabbing.

I'll certainly be thinking twice before I buy any more gifts from your stores.

Disappointed customer!

Dear Missus F

I'm really sorry you are disappointed by your experience.

I can understand that you would have preferred a refund when you had a very specific item in mind and it wasn't available. Sadly as we are a small business, we just can't match the refund policies of large stores who negotiate bulk discounts from suppliers and therefore have greater flexibility with their margins and cash flow.

We do mark our returns policy clearly by the till. Our policy goes beyond the statutory requirement and we do try to be as flexible as we can be. Credit notes are valid for a year and can be used in all three of our shops. We are also be very happy to extend time frame if it wasn't possible to find anything that you wanted in that time. We work on the basis that we sell a wide variety of products and people can usually always find an alternative.

I hope you understand and will continue to shop with us. If you would like to discuss this further please do give me a call on 0208 7614526.