Electrician - Gary Vu

drunkmonk74

I would like to post a recommendation for a local Electrician by the name of Gary Vu (07872 178044). He's just come around this evening to fit a chandelier for my wife in our flat. We first tried another electrician recommended on these forums, but despite promising to come around on a particular day, and even calling him on the morning of the appointment, he never showed, and I never managed to get hold of him again.

Gary Vu on the other hand was so pleasant to deal with. Rang him, told him the job, explained we both worked so could only do evenings and weekends. Told him my getting home times for the coming two weeks, that evening, once he'd gotten home and checked his diary he confirmed a date with me. On the date I called him in the morning, (again he answered his phone at the first call) and double checked he could still make it. He confirmed he would be round that evening.

At the set time Gary was there, on the dot. Work was completed within 45 mins. He cleaned up after himself and he had also unwrapped all the crystals for my wife, and untangled all the cables of the chandelier. He was also VERY reasonably priced.

Cannot recommend Gary highly enough. Real nice chap to deal with, unassuming and unintrusive, but will happily chat away with you if you would like to have a word about the work and what's best, (my wife also bored him to death with talk of other DIY projects she has going!!) But don't take my word for it, search the forums for his name and you will see alot of positive feedback.

Will definitely use him again when needed. Top guy.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to say that Gary is by far and away the best electrician I have ever used.

He worked really quickly, (so was amazing value for money) he got complicated jobs done which several other local electricians said were difficult and over-quoted for. He was lovely to deal with.

Use him - you won't be disappointed!

• 3 weeks later...
He came round to fit a chandelier for us. Meant cutting the wire to the right length, placing a metal support in the ceiling to ensure the weight of the chandelier was supported. Took about 45 mins in total. I believe we paid ?45 for the work.