MR LUI'S

shanie1984

I recently ate at Mr Lui's on Lordship Lane, I was very dissapointed. After heading there upon recommendation the staff were abrupt, rude and unattentive, there was no welcome, slow service, greasy food, and zero ventilation, i left stinking of oil and grease and with a headache from the lack of air in there. Wouldn't return, it wasn't any better than a cheap take away. They really need to work on customer service and update it a little in there and to run the air con units from time to time wouldn't do any harm either.

shanie1984 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I recently ate at Mr Lui's on Lordship Lane.

> I was very dissapointed.

> staff were abrupt, rude and unattentive

> there was no welcome,

> slow service.

> greasy food.

> zero ventilation.

> I left stinking of oil and grease and with a headache from the lack of air in there.

> Wouldn't return, it wasn't any better than a cheap take away.

Best review ever. Must give a try..

DulwichFox

The Might Liu is still our first choice for your basic but decent westernised Chinese fare and I've never had a bad experience. Whereas from nearly all the others in the area I have. Some terrible. I've avoided all of those hole in the wall places ever since.

Most of their menu is all boughtfrozen at the same wholesale place anyway, so its more about how fresh they keep things, oil changes and speed of service.

Wulli Wulli in Camberwell is ok too but a slightly different fare....Silk Road great for chilli stuff but then you're not comparing apples with apples are you?

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Li?. A very common surname, as it was the family

> name of Han Dynasty emperors.

I'm sure. I was only teasing. Li? (downwards accent) means piss, anyway!

It is actually really hard to find good "normal" Chinese (i.e. Cantonese) food in London. And pretty much impossible here in the more suburban parts.

One of our team at work is married to a lady from Shanghai. Occasionally he takes us to My Old Place....which is a cash only , chicken heads boiling in oil affair. Give me some salt and chilli squid and a house chow mein from Liu anyday.