Guitar, singing, saxophone teacher. For fun, targeted lessons in the music you love. Friern Rd, SE22

danmaitland

Hi, my names Dan

I teach guitar, saxophone, singing and songwriting to adult and child beginners through to people who are already musically literate.

Learning music doesn't have to be a hard sweat. It should be a challenge of course, otherwise where's the fun of achieving. But it doesn?t have to be an endless grind through an unfamiliar universe of weird symbols on weird pages in weird books...

I have played and taught professionally for over twenty years: working with many well known artists and teaching at schools and colleges. I have also released my own albums and singles.

I am currently running a community choir (Goose Green) in East dulwich and helping lots of very happy south east londoners with singing, guitar and sax... Also running singing and ukelele workshops...

I am happy to sit down with you and work out what sort of music you would like to play, sing, write or all three and then work out a simple plan for how to achieve that goal - including how to use the internet to find tuition videos that compliment what i am showing you. In many cases I can get a student into a self sustaining learning curve within 8 lessons.

I am happy to travel to you, or teach from my studio where, I can also record your own performances and compositions to a decent standard - if desired.

I charge 25 pounds for 40 minutes and 30 pounds for an hour- with concessions for small groups and unemployed. Please get in touch if you are interested .

Dan Maitland

[email protected]

07960 288053

http://eazypeazymusic.com

PS. Special offer for ED forumers: If you mention you saw the ad here, you can have 10 lessons for the price of 9.

Hi, Dan has been teaching my 13 year-old daughter Alto Sax for a couple of months now, and she's really enjoying it.

Dan's teaching methods for younger pupils are spot on. He's really encouraging and makes the lessons a lot of fun, while concentrating on technique and the basic skills at the same time.

I have no hesitation in recommending Dan as a teacher. His enthusiasm for music is infectious, and my daughter really looks forward to her lessons.

Best

Tom

Dan has been leading our community choir for just over a year now - many people in the choir can't read music and this is their first experience of music making since school. Dan's approach with adults learners is really good, relaxed and supportive which increases their confidence. I also had an instrumental lesson with Dan to help with a improvised solo I am doing and it was very through and helpful. I would recommend Dan to anyone looking to develop their singing or instrumental skills and confidence. ( And, if you fancy joining our choir, check out our website at http://www.goosegreenchoir.com )

• 2 weeks later...
Dan has been teaching me guitar for nearly a year now. His classes are fun and effective and I could see progress from the very first class. He is musically very knowledgeable, plays a number of instruments and I most definitely recommend him as a very good teacher.