Reviews for Mc Govern Design?

icravinho,

We completed a near-total house renovation late last year and used them for one of the largest jobs, installing a large first floor bathroom (as there was only a ground floor bathroom to start with). We ended up getting them to do lots of other jobs as well (laying new wooden floor to the ground floor, repair of our staircase, installnig new skirting and other carpentry).

They genuinely care about what they're doing. Everything was done properly with no corners cut anywhere, and the finish on the bathroom is excellent. They also helped us out with recommendations for other trades for work we needed completed months before the bathroom (drains re-dug as well as a new boiler and pipework installation) and these were also excellent and some of the best trades we've worked with (on this house or the previous property we renovated).

The director we dealt with was Steve Orr and both he, and his man on the ground Michael, were a pleasure to deal with.

We on the other hand used them a couple of years ago for a relatively small job - building a timber side lean-to. Although they were good we got the feeling that they probably had bigger and better projects on the go. There were repeated problems after the build - small leaks but leaks none the less which we couldn't ignore and the response was slow and they needed chasing.

I had Mc Govern to build a large extension back in 2007. We had a very positive experience with them and found Barry and Steve excellent. We did have ongoing problems with some doors but they did return to fix these. I recommended them to two friends who ended up with excellent results despite the rather unimpressive local architect's drawings etc which Mc Govern managed to work around. I do agree they genuinely care about the clients satisfaction and they are very nice to work with. I have also worked a lot with Keypoint Construction and would recommend them similarly.

Great (and very nice) local outfit to work with. They weren't the cheapest by any means but - for the top-notch quality of the work and the general positiveness of the building experience - for us - it was definitely worth it.