Has anyone used Scenic Windows?

chrismar

The windows we have, have come to a natural end and are leaking badly so they need to be replaced.

We would probably replace them with upvc - would love to get wooden sashes but only if they come in competitively priced.

Any other companies to recommend? Would rather not pay the mark up for a Lordship Lane based company address.

Thanks.

Christina

Walsh Glazing [used to be in Lordship Lane] - NOW

143 HALF MOON LANE

HERNE HILL

LONDON

SE24 9JY

Call our Free Estimating and Advise Service now!

Business opening hours

8am-5pm Monday to Friday (Closed Saturdays)

tel: 0208 693 8254

or 0207 924 0333 / 020 7274 7660

fax: 0208 299 3294

FENSA registered company: Glass and Glazing Federation member.

www.walshglazing.co.uk

Ditto Drxyster. We've used Paul for all manner of windows in our home, although to be fair, not uPVC. Paul's a hard working, honest chap who provides a great service at a reasonable price. Actually, just about to order another window from him...

Paul at Scenic replaced all the windows in my Victorian House including a lagre bay. The work was done a couple of months ago. Reliable, efficient and competative. He will give you a list of properties he has done so you can go and check for yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently I've used Premier Windows Ltd to replace my timber sash windows and a bi-fold door. They are based in Croydon, I had a look at their previous jobs and their work was great. I highly recommend them to everyone. We are especially happy with their timber bi-fold doors :) Not expensive but high quality of work

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Paul of Scenic Windows has recently replaced three windows in my house, two casements and a sash (the sash has acoustic ie soundproof glass as it's in my bedroom and I have been disturbed by noise from outside when I'm trying to sleep).

I never never thought I'd be getting PVC windows, let alone praising them, but I'm very happy not just with the appearance of the windows but with absolutely excellent service from Scenic Windows.

Paul has been efficient, reliable, a good communicator and a pleasure to deal with.

He gave me a list of local windows he had put in, so that I was able to go around and see them in situ before I made up my mind as to which style to have.

The windows were very well priced (compared to another local company I had a quote from) and I was able to customise them to some extent at no extra cost, eg to have different handles. The other company would put on different handles but I would have to supply and pay for them.

When I can afford it I will be getting the rest of my windows replaced too.

Ruffler Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Acoustic glass sounds interesting, Sue. Has it

> made a noticeable difference in noise levels?

Yes I think so, it's certainly been very quiet!! but I've only had it a couple of nights so don't know whether there were planes or the other nearer noises which have disturbed me on those nights, or whether it would have been quiet anyway.

Will let you know in a few weeks!

Also, I had single glazing there before, so I can't say whether there is a noticeable difference over normal double glazing. However another window company told me that acoustic glass is what they use in meeting rooms at Heathrow :)

If and when I get my living room bay done, I would deffo go for acoustic glass there too.

Downside of course is, you can't hear birdsong or wind or rain, nor anybody outside shouting for help or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

We recently used Paul to install secondary (acoustic) glazing to the front of our house inside our sash's. He was responsive to emails, polite and considerate. He and his team worked quickly and even came back to sort out some oddities with the install (which was more to do with our wonky house). Would (and likely will in time) use again.

Acoustic glass helps reduce sound a little but isn't the holy grail. Use in combination with differing air gaps and differing thicknesses of glass depending on the sound you wish to block out. That being said relative to the overall cost of windows the incremental amount you pay for the upgrade to acoustic is likely worth it for the longer term (do you want that niggling doubt in the back of your mind?)

• 4 weeks later...
Unfortunately I also had a bad experience. I chose them because of the many glowing reviews on here but it has turned out to be quite negative. I am also happy to supply more information via PM.

• 9 months later...

Another glowing review for Paul at Scenic Glazing. He's just installed our new composite front door. The standard of work has been excellent. He was quick to repsond to emails, helpful, patient (as we changed the design quite a few times) and answered all of our questions promptly.

The standard of the actual installation is very high and would definitely have no problem recommending.