Cookery Teacher required for a weekly one hour lesson in our kitchen

Tams

Our 15 year old son would like to learn the skill of cooking as part of his Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award. We are looking for a Cookery or Home Economics Teacher who would enjoy teaching him in our house over a 3 month period. The lesson would take place on a week day, at your convenience, with the exception of Monday, and between 4.30 and 8.30pm.

I would be happy to purchase and supply all the ingredients and equipment each week, with the hope that each lesson would produce one substantial dish/part of a course. It would need to be large enough for a family of five plus a helping for you, the teacher if you would like one. Our son would be expected to clear up after the lesson.

Our son has some availability to start now on a Tuesday, or Wednesday until 9th April. After that he is available from 24th April.

An applicant of any age would be welcome as long as you have experience of teaching cooking. You would need to be enthusiastic, communicative and patient. You would be welcome to teach 1 lesson on a trial basis. We can offer ?10/hour.

Please reply with some information about your cookery teaching experience, two references and some indication of what you hope to get out of it for yourself.

Thank you for considering this.

Hi there,

I saw this quite randomly and had to respond as I might be willing to help.

Being honest I am not a home economics teacher or cookery teacher, but I was a professional chef for nearly 10 years. I started as a commis chef (lowest of the low) and worked my way up to Sous chef (just below head chef). I have worked in hotels, restaurants, Spa hotels, outside catering to running private chalets in the French Alps.

My reason for contacting is simple, I enjoy cooking. For a friends 40th birthday last weekend I catered for 36 people. I love getting people involved in cooking, I trying to involve my little 4 year old when cooking at home, its such a great skill to have.

I have also mentored young adults with difficulties, so I know how hard it is to work with teenagers.

Not sure if this helps, let me know if it does?

Warm regards

Nic