Fed Up with DMC on Crystal Palace Rd?

Syd's Girl

I'm registered at the surgery and can never get a bookable appointment that isn't less than 2 weeks away.

The options are:

Put your name down for a possible cancellation that may or may not come in that day

or

Queue up at the crack of dawn for a same day appointment

I recently got added to their PPG (Patient Participation Group) and was sent these survey links to fill out, if you are as fed up as I am, and have about 5 mins spare, I would do the survey:

The Annual GP Patient Survey (Part 1): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WFGPNPT

The Annual GP Patient Survey (Part 2): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W37MC7P

The Annual GP Patient Survey (Part 3): https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VZJZ9XM

Lazy slagging-off of DMC doesn't make it fact.

I just walked past DMC, it's the crack of dawn, didn't see the OP nor anyone else waiting outside.

If you're going to criticise a place, do it accurately and honestly.

I agree it's got it's problems but to exaggerate the situation is misleading and weakens your point (which seems to be you're not prepared to get up and queue).

It's not about what I think is good practice or not. DMC have a way they do things and unless you're disabled or something it's a fairly straightforward process to get an appointment that day. If you don't like the process or think it's out of date, that's one thing - but don't confuse that with the actual ability to get a same day appt at DMC if you want it.

How about someone with kids who has better things to be doing at 7.30am than standing in a queue outside a doctor's surgery. In our house, one of us has left for work by 7.30 so there is no easy way to leave three small children, one of whom may well be ill, and queue for over half an hour. It's not laziness, is it?

I'm at a different local surgery which is busy, but manages to see you on the day if necessary without forcing you to attend in person. It's not rocket science.

I'm a single mum to a 2 year old. When he is unwell it makes things very difficult in terms of getting an appointment. I know from experience not to bother getting through on the phone so the only alternative is to queue. This means asking someone to come to stay with my son from 7am (not an easy feat in itself) so that I can go and queue up. On the occasions I haven't been able to get anyone to look after my son, I've had to bring him with me and queue for over half an hour (with a sick child this is not ideal) Then they offer you an appointment for a later time which means walking back home as it is too long to wait in the drs and then going back down for the appointment!