Recommendation for hairdresser - Myla & Davis

Mrs C

Thoroughly recommend Myla & Davis on North Cross Road. Service is really good - they are super friendly and v knowledgable. I usually dislike getting my hair cut and get stressed about being judged at the hairdressers but they were all really pleasant and very helpful - it was a stress free and lovely experience! I have long hair and my cut and blow dry was ?50 with Oscar. Will definitely be going back regularly.

• 1 month later...
Have to third this. I used to go in town and wouldnt have thought of going local. This experience was so much more relaxing than nipping out in a lunch break with the rest of Soho. The haircutting is great and the people just lovely. The East Dulwich one lets you bring children on a Tuesday and cant do enough to keep your little one entertained. The coffee is superb!!! Oscar has cut my hair a couple of times and both times Ive been really pleased. Huge thanks to Jess for entertaining my daughter!!

MK MOBILE HAIR DRESSER 07928079233, Margaret did mind and my daughters hair, and am so happy with the end results.?Very Happy customers, especially impressed as Margaret was very gentle and patient with daughter that has Aspergers.

Just to balance things out I had a terrible experience there recently and would never go again :-( The hairdresser (who I shan't name) ignored everything I said, cut my hair in the exact style she had her hair, and dried it poker straight when I said I never straighten my hair. Second I washed it, it looked awful. And it was uneven.

They were very kind in getting me back to fix it, where all errors were acknowledged, but I still lost a lot more hair than ever planned.

I won't be going again, sadly. Shame, as I have had good cuts there.

I think as long as you aren't looking for something too creative, they are good.

I had a bad experience with Lauren at Myla & Davis, I had to go back and get my cut repaired by another stylist who had to cut it into a bob as this was the only way of making it look less like a mullet! I now go to kuki in peckham and haven't looked back!

• 1 month later...
Just had a wonderful cut at Myla & Davis with the lovely Oscar. I had a major re-style, cutting off and donating my long hair to charity and they were really accommodating with all the extra faff of sorting that out for me. And I got a gorgeous cut that I love. Everyone took really good care of me and I'll definitely be back!

Grainne17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I had a bad experience with Lauren at Myla &

> Davis, I had to go back and get my cut repaired by

> another stylist who had to cut it into a bob as

> this was the only way of making it look less like

> a mullet! I now go to kuki in peckham and haven't

> looked back!

xxxxxx

I also totally recommend Kuki - they're in Bellenden Road (at the end nearest East Dulwich, just where the shops start). Loads of other recommendations for them on here.

I go to Shingo, but all the stylists at Kuki seem very good.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bad experience at M&D. I will be returning to Kuki!!

A trim/tidy up turned into a few inches bring lopped off and unevenly at that!!

I think it very much depends on who you get...have heard good things about the guys there.